Graduate Scheme Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Graduate Scheme Interview Questions

1,575

Graduate scheme interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Why did you apply to the Corporate Communications role and not another?

1 Answer

Highlight specifically what interests you to the role.

For the video interview there were 6 questions arranged to answer quickly with short intervals to prepare the questions. The questions were quite straightforward competency questions, and from speaking with peers as long as you answer the questions in a clear manner you'll be alright. The questions were often to do with dealing with others i.e. work peers, clients (by not meeting demands, taking accountability for things etc.) The last question, which I remember, has got to do with knowledge of the company. It was phrased in a way making the interviewee an employee of Network Rail for 2 years. As for the assessment centre, you'll have several things on the agenda over around 4-5 hours. Firstly, you'll have a one to one interview which involves safety questions you'll be asked to prepare beforehand. The interview involves several competency questions (i.e. describe you worked within a team, worked under time pressure etc), a technical question which involves the interviewee making design considerations for an improved platform. Afterwards, you'll be placed in groups of 3 or more, where you'll be forced to work as a team to overcome a problem where platform closures occur in a station. You will need to consider the stakeholders and how they'll be affected (i.e. how are customers affected, how are train carrier companies affected). After that you'll be given a one-to-one session to discuss how the group assessment went. Thereafter, the assessments will be finished and the rest of the assessment centre will surround presentations and information on the scheme itself.

1 Answer

How can graduates contribute to our company? What do you know about us? Why do you want to work for us?

1 Answer

The online tests were very hard, I thought I hadn't got any of them right, and I had been practising for a few days. Competency areas were stated in advance and questions were of average difficulty.

1 Answer

Different questions about some basic investment and business-related knowledge as well as questions about you as a person and your career goals. Also some very silly case studies to supposedly gauge your analytical skill, where the interviewers try to mislead you and make you fail.

1 Answer

Give an example of when you have had to keep a difficult customer happy.

1 Answer

Who are our major competitors?

1 Answer

Nothing unexpected. If you are well-prepared to face a challenging competency-based interview and knowledgable about the technical skills that your role requires, you should be ok. A scenario you could face at the technical assessment is 'what would you do as an HR manager at BP if we went into a new country or acquired a company and you were in charge.'

1 Answer

The interview with a guy from Publicis started with asking him anything you wanted.

1 Answer

Name a brand or company that inspires you?

110 of 1,575 Interview Questions