Graduate Scheme Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Graduate Scheme Interview Questions

Graduate scheme interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Given a long phase of cryptic clues that were supposed to lead to me getting to a point, but were far too cryptic / quite frankly just wrong at points, to actually come up with the answer that was being pushed for. The question was about civil design, of a power plant, and what are the defences that you would consider, then pushed it towards flooding issues.

1 Answer

Answered as any engineer would, I told them about impact defences, radioactivity defences and the likes, when he steered me towards flooding I told him how to design drainage systems. I also mentioned that power plants have designed system of internal flood defence to prevent building from getting flooded from the outside and how that worked, the interviewer informed me at the end that I was wrong and should have been talking about uplift and that drainage isn't anything to do with Civil Engineering.

Something that has recently happened in the news that is relevant to the company, how it might have impacted the company.

1 Answer

Different questions about some basic investment and business-related knowledge as well as questions about you as a person and your career goals. Also some very silly case studies to supposedly gauge your analytical skill, where the interviewers try to mislead you and make you fail.

1 Answer

Why did you apply to the Corporate Communications role and not another?

1 Answer

Describe situations of team work

1 Answer

What is the Supply Chain?

1 Answer

Name a time you overcame a problem as part of a team

1 Answer

What are the main challenges facing Tesco at the moment?

What do you rate your CV out of 10