Harrods Interview Question: how would you sell a fridge t... | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interview Question

Temporary Sales Associate Interview London, England

how would you sell a fridge to an eskimo?

Answer

Interview Answer

15 Answers

You are able to regulate the temperature, keep predators away from your food and will be the envy of all your neighbours. Also very convenient.

Interview Candidate on 23 May 2014

I'd ask the Eskimo if they'd like a way to stop their food from freezing.

Rob Granger on 20 Mar 2015

I'd tell them it was a cupboard

A on 3 Apr 2015

I'd sell it as a food warmer to the eskimo

as a food warmer? on 15 Apr 2015

Either put him in Africa or due to the fact that a fridge is usually between 5- -5 degrees Celsius and there climate is between -20 and -40 degree Celsius I would sell it as a warming device for him or his food. :)

Charles on 15 Apr 2015

Barter; i.e. my fridge for something equally-valuable. The question is "how" and not "why", afterall.

Anonymous on 15 Apr 2015

Following on the back of our massively successful 'Sunbeds in Somalia' range, this is the new lifestyle choice that puts YOU in control. The busy, go getting professional eskimo (sorry Inuit) wants his drinks and produce at the temperature he wants and won't be dictated to by the environment.

Oliver Thornton on 15 Apr 2015

In exchange

Anonymous on 15 Apr 2015

Sorry Oliver Thornton I actually like your answer but some how pressed unlike by mistake :)
in addition to some answers answer ice is melting due to global change and whoever buys it from eskimos will have the privilege of being a precedent when temperature become less colder

Mona on 17 Apr 2015

This post has been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

After trying to establish if they had a food need for a fridge I would ask them where they stick all the fridge magnets their friends send them?

Ian Leonard on 12 Jun 2015

tell him it is a radiator

Michael Fisher on 2 Sep 2015

http://70degreeswest-explore.com/2012/05/07/the-modern-day-polar-eskimo/ They don't appear to live in igloo's anymore so I would suggest giving them global warming figure's for the polar regions and that it is going to be above freezing in summer months and they will need one in their huts if they don't already, and of course Harrods fridges are the best :) http://www.acia.uaf.edu/

Michael Fisher on 2 Sep 2015

This post has been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

It's an old joke. But...
It's -40 degrees Celsium outside. And +4 In the fridge.

Eskimo can heat himself! =)
Really - There is not so sharp difference between two temperatures

Evgeniy on 12 Apr 2016

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.