Industrial Placement Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Industrial Placement Interview Questions

Industrial placement interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Design a generic Linked List in Java. Follow up: given access only to the head of the list, return the middle element.

1 Answer

My answer was to first determine the length of the list and then go half the way. They suggested another approach, the slow and fast runner pointers. Both solutions would run in O(n) though.

Determine if a string containing all sorts of brackets is balanced (the sequence of brackets is closed correctly).

technical questions about Java and C++

1 Answer

Describe your role as a Software Engineer at Accenture?

1 Answer

The code inspection, I didn't get past there as I spent too long realising what they wanted me to do.

1 Answer

What would you say are the main differences between a finance department for an off price retailer compared to a full price retailer?

1 Answer

How did you get to know about our company (I guess he asked that as the company's branch is a small one located in a small village) Interviewer then worked me through some exercises based on Mechanics of Structures and Thermodynamic principles applied to designing and manufacturing an engine. We spent a lot of the time on Pressure-Volume and Temperature-Entropy diagrams for engines. Other question was to d with reducing the mass of an engine.

1 Answer

Why do you think IT plays such a big part for GlaxoSmithKline?

1 Answer

You have a given set of prices in an Array, find at which price you should buy and at which price you should sell so that you maximize the gain

3 Answers

They did not ask any difficult questions. They asked general questions of the basis of any programming language. From this they took down whats your understanding and thus your views on programming and methods that you would use for structure and testing code.

110 of 276 Interview Questions