It director Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for it director

It director Interview Questions

it director interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

The wifi doesn't work properly. And for every basic test I could think of, they answered that it proved all was fine but still it didn't work.

3 Answers

At the end I said there are more important matters than a broken access point, I would just change it, with a different model and everybody could focus on their real job instead of wasting time (Don't answer that, they wanted someone as talented as themselves to manage their LAN)

To be fair to the company, in this scenario it doesn't sound very much like the role was for you. I would totally expect a 'Senior IT Technician/Manager' to troubleshoot basic network problems and resolve them without swapping the hardware. Perhaps working in a technical networked environment is outside your current skillset.

Nick, were you there to know what were my answers? It seems so, according to your certainty. I think my answers did troubleshoot basic network problems, as you said. But they wanted a specialist. In such roles, reliably and cost go above pride. You learn to put efficiency above time consuming pride when you are in charge of the whole IT. I installed hundreds of wifi AP in my careers, the answers I gave Yoti always were enough to provide really good service. At the end I said if I can't find, there's no point in wasting more time, Yoti is not a wifi provider and has more important tasks. Money matters, this role would include budget management. When I installed a wifi service for small companies, it worked for years. The next time I'll install one, I would learn for the latest standards: so much changes in 2 years. No need to be a wifi specialist for a small company, and it's easy to re-learn it when it becomes necessary, with updated literature. For your information, their solution was awful, I would never use it unless I'm bored at work and need time consuming tasks, which never exists when alone for the IT Administration of 170 colleagues. But if they like spending time on settings again and again, it's their business.

take this pen and write the code in BASH to read a CSV file, take the 3rd column and print it in uppercases

IT Transition

3 Answers

Most difficult question was: "you've been sent to a site with a non-working outdoor wireless access point that you don't know the username, password or IP address of. How do you intend to attempt to get into it to manage/troubleshoot it?"

1 Answer

Asked about previous management experience

1 Answer

They were very focused on the advantage I could bring into the organisation. Also what I could get out of my employment with them.

1 Answer

How would your friends describe you? If you're the best performer on your team in your current role, why are you leaving?

1 Answer

What do you know about supporting the chosen technology area working in a federated corporation.

Practical exercise, 30 mins prep and 20 mins presentation with 10 mins Q&A

1 Answer

Can you tell me about yourself?

110 of 280 Interview Questions