Junior Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Junior Business Analyst Interview Questions

Junior business analyst interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

You have a cube which is built from smaller cubes, dimensions are 10x10x10cubes. The cube fell into a bucket with red paint. How many cubes left uncoloured.

5 Answers

This is a taught answer, they want to know the logic behind your thinking. I would ask: How did it fall? did someone pushed it or it was blew by wind? At what angle did it fall? Side or middle of paint? How close was this bucket? Is the paint water base? this will determine if the cube sank or shallow. As a BA, you need to ask lots of questions and gather or analyse data before you can even begin to give answers or recommendations.

it was a straightforward question and numerical answer expected

Cube is 10 x 10 x 10 meaning W=10, L=10 D=10. To get the total number of cubes we need to calculate the area of 1 face of the cube (L10 x W10 = 100) and multiply it by D10 = 1000 cubes inside. Now if the cube fell into a bucket with red paint the only cubes that won't be colored are those on the inside. therefore we know that a cube has 6 faces, each of them has (L10 x W10) cubes, therefore 1000 - (100 x 6) = 400 cubes won't be colored.

Explain the mathematical process behind linear regression.

Explain what X SQL keyword does and how it differs to Y

1 Answer

Given these hypothetical SQL table structures, write out a query that accomplishes X task on this whiteboard.

1 Answer

What do you understand about the role?

1 Answer

Do you have any past experience of Client Requirement gathering?

1 Answer

What made me choose to apply for a Junior BA role - when I am not a BA in my current job?

1 Answer

To perform a complaints task with near zero information and present back

1 Answer

When was the last time I invested in myself to further my education and knowledge out of my own desire? and why?

1 Answer

Name a time where you have had to work across boundaries, and how did you achieve it.

110 of 38 Interview Questions