Lead software engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Lead software engineer Interview Questions

lead software engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What is the ratio of managment to coding that You would like to have in this role.

1 Answer

I understood from recruiter that this role is about 50% managing the team and 50% coding and setting standards. My answer was that I am happy to go even to 70% managing and 30% coding. Apparently that wasnt good enough as I was declined for exactly that reason. It seemed that even dough they have said they want someone who will be coding they were really looking for someone who will eventually be 100% managing the team.

What is a time when you have been responsible for taking an influential technical decision and implementing it? What was the outcome?

1 Answer

They asked how I would cope in a role where I was doing less coding.

1 Answer

Give me an example of where you have done a similar (task) before

Where do you see yourself in 5 years

1 Answer

All sort of questions ranging from program call stacks, system calls, authentications protocols to writing snippets of code.

Prefer not to share.

1 Answer

The classic "when did you last experience world class service"

1 Answer

Tell me about a time you dealt with dissent when making a decision

1 Answer

The first interview had an introduction with HR and a very senior technical manager, a short questions and answers test followed by an in-depth technical discussion with the senior technical manager and the CEO. The second interview comprised a pairing exercise on which I could have done better.

110 of 83 Interview Questions