Lead software engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Lead software engineer Interview Questions

lead software engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What is a time when you have been responsible for taking an influential technical decision and implementing it? What was the outcome?

1 Answer

I talked about my 'team' a lot, as opposed to myself when I answered this question. I worked in a consultancy for 7 years, and we always spoke as 'we' rather than 'I'. I was given this feedback, and asked to come back in to demonstrate my own technical decision making and implementation history. I spoke about 'I' rather than 'we' this time and ensured I focused on demonstrating my own achievements.

What is the ratio of managment to coding that You would like to have in this role.

1 Answer

They asked how I would cope in a role where I was doing less coding.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years

Prefer not to share.

1 Answer

All sort of questions ranging from program call stacks, system calls, authentications protocols to writing snippets of code.

1 Answer

How long have you been a developer for

1 Answer

The first interview had an introduction with HR and a very senior technical manager, a short questions and answers test followed by an in-depth technical discussion with the senior technical manager and the CEO. The second interview comprised a pairing exercise on which I could have done better.

1 Answer

Tell me about a time you dealt with dissent when making a decision

1 Answer

During the live code challenge in the face to face interview, the environment is not connected to the internet. This seemed a bit pointless as most programmers live on git repos, stack overflow and developer blogs and don't re-invent the wheel on a daily basis. Also, there was the implication that a working solution would be desirable over a complex design that did not provide the solution at the end of the time period (25 mins)

110 of 84 Interview Questions