Library Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Library Assistant Interview Questions

Library assistant interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What would you do with your time if the library was quiet ?

2 Answers

I answered saying I would make sure areas were tidy and in order, put books away etc but this didn't seem like a sufficient answer for them as they were clearing waiting on me to expand. I still don't know what they were looking for in regards to this question.

I used to give these interviews for Herts Libraries. They are looking for the answer you gave, but you then need to expand with examples of you *demonstrating* this behaviour in your previous jobs or general experience. If you just give an answer and don't expand, you barely get a "point" and you definitely won't get the job. This is true for any answer to any given question in Herts Libraries. The flat answer, followed by example, and finalised with the effect of your example. For example: in my free time in my previous job, I did this and that, and this meant such and such happened more effectively, etc.

If a customer came in and was angry, how would you deal with the situation?

1 Answer

What would you do if you were the only one working and someone asked you a question you didnt know the answer to?

1 Answer

Give me an example of how you have worked well in a team. Tell me a specific time you worked in a team?

1 Answer

What attracted you to the role and what skills and experiences do you bring to it?

Describe a time when you received good customer service. Now describe a time when you yourself gave good customer service.

What is your favourite musical?

110 of 11 Interview Questions