Linux administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Linux administrator Interview Questions

linux administrator interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Why do you want to switch from your current job to a customer support role?

4 Answers

I had no clear answer for this, I managed to dodge the bullet, but my reaction was far from satisfying.

Be honest. If you don't know why you did it then you are just going to come across as a floater. If you struggle with this type of question ask yourself this: What are the Con's of my current job / career path? What are the Pro's of my target job / carrer path? Why did I apply for this job? Why did I apply to this company? This structure will clarify things within yourself and hopefully spawn a few branching thoughts. When answering: Be confident of your decision; be prepared for rebuke and counter-questions. These are designed to test your resolve; your thought process and your competence. The real question here is much different - Who am I hiring. Consider this.

Hi and thanks for your comment. I totally agree and I would have been prepared for the question hadn't it been that I was brought in for a interview in a "Linux System Administrator" position, which promptly changed into a "Support Engineer" role. I still wanted the job though.

What protocol does ping use?

1 Answer

While you are logged in a server of Client A, client B calls you and requests a reboot. You initiate the reboot but realize you actually rebooted the server of client A by accident. You still have client B on the phone. What do you do?

1 Answer

How did you tell a customer some bad news

1 Answer

Exam given which I couldn't take

2 Answers

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

what is the difference between df and du what user account do you ssh as

1 Answer

They ask you to draw a picture...Of anything you can think of.

Never got that far

1 Answer

Asked how I would be solving specific problems describing my methodology?

1 Answer

Where did I hope this internship would take me in my career?

110 of 20 Interview Questions