Software engineer Interview Questions in Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK | Glassdoor.co.uk

Software engineer Interview Questions in Newcastle upon Tyne

software engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

A riddle that was to be solved by logical thinking.

1 Answer

I could give the right answer, but I failed to explain properly the thinking process.

Your house has been infested by 100 mice, and for some reason you want to put them all in as many cages as possible, with a different number of mice in each cage. How many cages can you manage?

1 Answer

What qualities do you belief are paramount for the programme assistant to possess to ensure the programme meets its goals? How do you meet these qualities?

1 Answer

A short (30 minutes) programming test in Java, several logic based puzzles, algorithm design and object orientation

1 Answer

Fizzbuzz test: Write a program in a language of your choice (on a piece of paper), where given a series of numbers, if the number can be divided by 3, it prints 'fizz' and if it can be divided by 5 it prints 'buzz', and if it can be divided by both 3 and 5 it prints 'fizzbuzz'.

1 Answer

Tell me about a time you made a mistake at work

1 Answer

Is there any question for me? HR asked

1 Answer

What company size you prefer?

1 Answer

There are three mislabelled jars, one jar contains oranges, one contains apples and one contains both. What is the minimum amount of fruit required to take out to decide what the correct labels are.

1 Answer

Personal experiences regarding team experiences. Nothing technical was asked. (Very concerning for a technical role)