Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Operations analyst interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Can you tell me any positive or negative stories that have been in the press recently about Investment Banks

Not a clue!

about Time Series analysis, basic stuff about modeling and implementation

Run me through your CV

1 Answer

What has been your biggest contribution academic or practical?

1 Answer

Describe an error you made.

1 Answer

Competency Questions: - Why are you interested in the role? - Why should we hire you? - What can you contribute to the organisation? - What motives you? - What is your goal in the next 5 years? - What do you find as the most difficult decisions to make? - What do you expect from your line manager? - Tell us about a situation were you had to make a decision quickly that went wrong, what drove you to make that decision and how did you fix it? - Give an example when you used your initiative to make a decision and what was the outcome? - Tell us about a situation where conflict had led to a negative outcome. How did you handle the situation and what did you learn from it? - Tell us about a situation when you had to remind a colleague on integrity? - How do you build relationships with other members of your team? Technical Interview Questions: - What is RAID and why is it used? - What is a firewall? - What is DNS and what does it allow to do? - What is a router? - What is a switch? - What is RDP? - What is Telnet & SSH? - What is an operating system? - What is a default getway?

1 Answer

Very standard competency questions plus scenario based questions which are a bit more difficult to answer. There's a bit of financial terms and jargons in some questions and people who did summer interns in this firm may find it easier to answer them. I left out those terms in below questions for easier understanding: 1. When you're required to draw a financial ratio from a complicated dataset but you identified certain flaws in it, what would you do about it? 2. When you need to work with IT and client service department to implement a software project, what's your approach?

name three regualtory bodies

1 Answer

They gave a scenario where you had to review a manual process, and asked how you would go about doing that.

1 Answer

I didn't expect the interviewer asked me more than 4 questions for competency. I couldn't answer properly about interview based on competency. So, they gave me bad feedback for that.

110 of 252 Interview Questions