Policy Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Policy Advisor

Policy Advisor Interview Questions

Policy advisor interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

I was given 10 minutes to prep for an on the spot presentation on the day. The details were: Tell us how you would lead change in a situation which was constantly changing and full of uncertainty. What approach would you take to ensure you are effective?

1 Answer

I tried to use points from all the behaviours being assessed. Anyway, I will never ever in my life apply to anything government related again as it has been the most traumatic experience in my life so far and I will never ever put myself through something like this. In fact, I have closed my government recruitment account. I will also share my experiences with people who I know are considering working for the government and strongly advise them against it. Their entire process is insincere, obsolete, opaque, has no respect for a person's unique attributes and a complete waste of time to be honest.

- Why would you like to work for a regulator? - Why do you think you're good for this position? - Did you ever brought changes into your company thanks to your managerial capabilities? - They took the "core competences" published into the vacancy and for each one they will ask you to bring them practical experiences you had during your career (and life) for hold that particular skill - The final part of the interview is a little discussion in order to test your working capabilities under pressure on concrete issues

1 Answer

What is the difference between micro and macroeconomics?

You write a report making recommendations that one of your colleagues disagrees with. How do you respond?

If you could run your dream BIT project, what would it be?

Tell us about a time when you managed time well.

Can you describe a time when you developed an innovative solution when working in a changing environment?

Describe the evolution of one policy change, how it came about etc.

Please give 5min presentation on working with stakeholders