Product Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Product Designer Interview Questions

Product designer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Take us through a past project.

1 Answer

Showed them visuals from my website, but focussed in particular on the process and how I got to the outcome, rather than just the outcome itself.

Reasons for moving on

1 Answer

the VP of product was interested in my process and style of management of product design practitioner, he was interested in the impact I could have in the Digital product design strategical and tactical areas. the interview with him was very good. the following interviews with the Head of HR and the CTO were very disappointing: I just had 30 minutes to talk to each one of them and they were in a great rush to be somewhere else! the Head of HR interview was a standard HR chat. all fine the CTO interview was a total joke: the guy was rushing up the whole thing and he had no interest whatsoever about how I, as the Head of digital product design, could have contributed to the productive collaboration between UX, UI and technology, he asked me what kind of COMMERCIAL impact I had in my current and previous roles! now I understand that we are commercial product designers that have to deliver commercial values for the business via user-centred solutions, but it does not make any sense that the head of technology asks this kind of questions as he clearly have no commercial skills!

1 Answer

They asked me to explain my way of working and to show some tests on the website of my previous company.

1 Answer

Tell me about your work experiences, e.g. roles & responsibilities etc Why do you want to work for Numatic? Tell me about a time you done something challenging? Tell me about a time you had to persuade someone and what was the outcome?

What kind of environment allows you to do your best work? [Paraphrased]

Why do you think they (app developers) have made this decision?

What would you have done differently in this project?

Talk me through your design thinking for the design challenge.

How important are interaction design skills?

110 of 136 Interview Questions