Programmer engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Programmer engineer Interview Questions

10,643

programmer engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

how do you get an Elephant in the fridge?

30 Answers

take the Giraffe out first?

Dumbo, you make a big fridge

I don't know! But do you know how to tell if there's an elephant in your fridge? There's footprints in the the butter. How can you tell when there's TWO elephants in your fridge? You hear giggling inside. How can you tell when there's THREE elephants in your fridge? You can't close the door. You're welcome.

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

Design an algorithm to find the first unique element in an array.

8 Answers

I got to the third and final interview stage with the company for which I had to prepare a presentaion talking about myself, how I would fit into the company and what I know about them. Previously I had a successful skype interview and a face to face interview where I impressed and was told to keep doing what i'm doing. So at this final interview stage I had prepared a presentaion about the company and I conducted additional research (as any normal person would), only to be told after a brief chat with an executive before I was supposed to do my presentation, that they wouldn't be taking my application further. Bare in mind this is just before I was supposed to do my presentation that I had prepared and had rehearsed for a considerable amount of time. I'm not angry/annoyed that I didn't get on to the graduate programme, because if i'd have been given the opportunity and they didn't think i'd be suited to it then I would say 'ok fair enough', i'm fuming at the fact that they wouldn't even let me conduct my presentation that they ask all graduates to make as part of the interview process to get onto the LIFT programme. When he was telling me why I hadn't got any further he almost seemed to take pleasure in telling me he'd done the same to over half the other graduates at this stage and didn't allow them to present either. As a whole this tells me the company is completely unprofessional, that their interview process is ridiculously flawed and that the executive who gave me my final interview is a horrible little man who takes pleasure in other people's failure due to his own lack of knowledge around how an interview should work.

8 Answers

A rabbit wants to climb some stairs and it can do steps of 1 or 2. How many possible paths are there to follow ( e.g 1-1-1... or 2-2-2 ... or 2-1-2-1... etc)

6 Answers

Write a function that takes the ordinal number of a column in a spreadsheet and returns the label of that column: i.e. 1 -> A 2 -> B, 26 -> Z, 27->AA

7 Answers

How would you measure 4 litres of water if you have 3 litre and 5 litre canisters?

7 Answers

You have three doors, behind one there is a prize. You choose door A, after that I ll tell you that behind door B there is no prize, do yuo keep your choice or change it ?

7 Answers

Merging of Sets: Sets Users which reference other user groups.

6 Answers

A task in which I was required to print all numbers between 1 and a million - with no repeating digits - Easy enough! Just can throw you off guard a bit

7 Answers

Given the pre-order and in-order traversing result of a binary tree, write a function to rebuild the tree.

5 Answers