Quantitative trader Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for quantitative trader

Quantitative trader Interview Questions

quantitative trader interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Round 2: If you have balls weighting from 1, 2, ... 40g, and you have a fair balance, how many of their weights you have to know in advance such that you can measure all the rest?

5 Answers

If you can weigh 1,...,n-1 for n > 2, then you can weigh n by using 1 and n-1 (this does not hold for weighing 2). So you just need 1 and 2.

Not sure I fully follow the question, can't you just get everything in terms of the lightest, so just weigh the lightest to get your unit? e.g. number the weights w1, w2, ... ,w40 in increasing order (we can determine this without external knowledge, right?). Then we have w1 + w2 = w3 w1 + w3 = w4 w1 + w4 = w5 and also stuff like w2 + w3 = w5 substitute come stuff in and you find that w2 = 2w1, hence wn = nw1 So just 1?

Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

If I flip 100 coins and then multiply the number of heads by the number of tails, what is the expected value of that number? Can you give a confidence interval on this number?

3 Answers

Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

sum of all odd numbers between 1 and 100.

2 Answers

I play a game where I start with a score of 100. I then flip 10 coins in a row. Every time I get a head I add 1 to my score. When I get a tails I take the reciprocal of my score. If you are running this game, and people are given their score in pounds at the end of the game, how much would you charge people to play?

5 Answers

90% confidence interval for length of roads in UK

1 Answer

What is the expectation of a 6 sided die? What is an expectation of a 20 sided die? You have two balls of equal density. One with a diameter of 1.5 ft and the other 1 ft. The 1.5 ft ball weighs 27 lbs. What is the mass of the 1 ft ball?

what is 17% of 33.5

Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

Google the game 'Shut the box'. He asked me to figure out the average score someone has at the end of the game if they play the 'optimal' strategy. After getting this number, he wanted to know how this would change if instead of playing the optimal strat, they made random moves. Super open ended problem.

1 Answer

Q: what are the differences between structure, union and classes in C++?

1 Answer

Round 2: How you can create fair coin with an unfair coin? Is there any way I won't waste any of my flips during the process?

110 of 33 Interview Questions