Research technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Research technician Interview Questions

research technician interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

take this pen and write the code in BASH to read a CSV file, take the 3rd column and print it in uppercases

3 Answers

I didn't know by heart the functions for reading CSV files and uppercase. I said in Systems Administration, we don't write code everyday, our code works for months, even years. And it's not secure to write a script from scratch, since we can't think about everything before going back to the IT Support. I usually take a good script from the internet, read all of it, adapt what needs be.

'I usually take a good script from the internet' does not sound like something somebody experienced in a command language would say. This exercise is extremely basic, one I would expect to find within the first few pages of a tutorial on learning bash with zero experience needed. Perhaps you should not put a command language on your CV if you are not confident in its most basic applications.

You have totally the same spirit as them. Great. Never said they were wrong. I'm pretty sure of my skill with those language as my programs were always reliable and secure and even taught them for a few years at university. I simply dont need them on a daily basis when in charge for the IT. I'd remember more easily how to secure an OS for a job interview.

How long you have worked with Revit

2 Answers

How to deal with a Customer in their home

What’s your Five year plan

2 Answers

There was a scenario question about handling priorities and what you would do.

2 Answers

Hours you are willing to work above base line

2 Answers

Name one limitation of Satellite Communications with GEO Satellites?

What are my plans for the next 5 years

1 Answer

What experience in designing bespoke items do you have?

1 Answer