Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sales Interview Questions

10,464

Sales interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

You have two pieces of rope and a lighter. Both pieces take 60 mins to burn but do not do so at an even rate. How can you measure when 45 mins are up?

3 Answers

Use the lighter as a measurement tool.

Fold one piece of rope, the length of it is 30min, fold it again the length is 15min. Lay the two bits of rope beside each other, burn one end of the longer one till it gets up to the shorter rope ( which will be a quarter of the size) then it will be 45min.

Actually the right answer is the following (because the rope does not burn uniformly, you cannot assume that a quarter of the size = a quarter of the duration): At time t=0, you lit up rope#1 by its 2 ends; and simultaneously you lit up rope#2 on one end. When rope#1 is fully consumed, 30 minutes will have passed, while rope#2 still has "30min of battery" (whatever which length was burnt): that is when you lit it up on its other end. 30/2 = 15. When rope#2 is finally consumed, a total of 45 minutes will have passed.

Asked what I did at primary school! Very odd question and was not expecting that!

2 Answers

All Qs were straight forward and candidates should have no problem with them.

2 Answers

How would you respond if you are required to exchange an item to a customer but the item if no longer supplied?

2 Answers

What would you do if the changing rooms were full and there was a long queue of people waiting to try clothes on?

2 Answers

sell the terminal to me, what do you know about the company and its business, revenue genreated by london zoo per annual

3 Answers

If I met someone in an elevator how would i pitch Fireeye to the customer in 30 seconds?

3 Answers

Tell me about a time when you have been complemented for your customer service.

2 Answers

What would you change at Google?

2 Answers

3. what do you think you will be doing as part of this job?

110 of 10,464 Interview Questions