Senior policy advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Senior policy advisor Interview Questions

senior policy advisor interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

As part of the interview process you are required to prepare a 5-minute verbal presentation on the following topic: ‘Please tell us about a time when you have worked with others, including a variety of stakeholders who had conflicting priorities, to successfully deliver a project. How did you go about this and what did you learn from the experience?’ No handouts or PowerPoint allowed however you may bring notes for personal use

1 Answer

I used the STARR approach- situation, task, action, result, reflection.

I was given 10 minutes to prep for an on the spot presentation on the day. The details were: Tell us how you would lead change in a situation which was constantly changing and full of uncertainty. What approach would you take to ensure you are effective?

1 Answer

They asked me about my experiences and skills in quantitative and qualitative research with examples.

"This question relates to delivering at pace: tell us about a time you've balanced short deadlines against longer ones." All questions were framed in this way in relation to one of the civil service competencies. One question per civil service competency was asked which made the interview easy to prepare for.

14 of 4 Interview Questions