Senior scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Senior scientist Interview Questions

senior scientist interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

I was asked to complete a complex and open-ended data science task. Really used the full range of my data science skills.

2 Answers

I did the usual stages of the data science process - Data Prep, EDA, Modelling, Visualisation, Contextualisation.

Can you please brief me about what kind of data set was provided and what was your approach towards it , i.e. the algorithm you used and your justification for it and other similar stuffs ?

1- Machine Learning concepts 2- Data Structure Case Study (Very easy) 3- Coding (Easy but they need hands-on exp) And Finally, Leadership (14 principles)

2 Answers

discussion was done on CV and there were some paper work to fill

1 Answer

Why do you think this role is for you?

1 Answer

Describe the metrics one would use to evaluate a binary classifier.

Retro and forward synthesis

1 Answer

Talk about a recent project you've worked on

1 Answer

First two rounds were very job specific and were very technical, scientific questions. HR interview was a little more difficult as I had to explain scenarios (stories) for lots of different questions and sometimes I couldn't think of a different story to the one I had already given. Questions like - Why GSK? Scenario where you showed leadership/teamwork? Scenario where you worked through a conflict? etc etc

1 Answer

- What additional data sets could you have acquired to explore the data science challenge further?

1 Answer

various technical and competency-based questions

110 of 98 Interview Questions