Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Software Engineer Interview Questions

2,450

Software engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

1. How to achieve automatic type conversion from type X to type Y? a. X can define the member function operator Y() b. a) or b) can be used c. Y can define the constructor Y(const X&) d. none of the above 2. class Coordinate{ int x; int y; public: Coordinate(int a=0, int b=0) { x=a; y=b; }; }; What are the values for the following object: Coordinate point(10); a. x=10,y=0 b. x=0,y=10 c. x=10,y=10 d. x=0,y=0 3. What type of argument can the following function take : Void foo(); a. any number or type of arguments b. a character c. an integer d. no an integer argument of any type 4. Consider the following function declarations in a header file: void doit(char *, int); int doit(char *) ; float doit(float, float) ; Which of the following declarations cannot follow in the same header: a. void doit(int, char *); b. int doit(int) ; c. float doit(char *) ; d. int doit(int, int) ;

3 Answers

Tell me some differences between Java and Python.

1 Answer

This is a roleplay, where I am a client, and you are the representative in this meeting. You have spent months creating this set of computers for me, of which I want a few thousand. It has everything that I asked for in the contract. I want it red, but you've made them all blue

2 Answers

The coding test was 2 parts - it started in a fairly straightforward way (45 minutes to program a linked list, which I completed in 15) then 2 hours to complete 2 more challenges which became exponentially more difficult. I forget the first challenge but the second was writing an algorithm to count the number of different coloured regions in a bitmap image. I managed to produce a solution just barely within the time. I have no idea if or where any of the solutions failed because the Codility interface gives no real feedback at all - just a rudimentary way of testing simple inputs. I could well have made some mistakes that would have been easy to solve with more rigorous testing or more time but you're expected to give a perfect solution first time, in a very short time for the problem difficulty.

3 Answers

We had a problem of updating a trading system and a few choices we could work on.

1 Answer

You have a given set of prices in an Array, find at which price you should buy and at which price you should sell so that you maximize the gain

3 Answers

Low level implementation of threads in the JVM.

1 Answer

Question about designing a class hierarchy given a set of requirements.

1 Answer

The group task: Every person was given a piece of paper with a task written on it and without any preparation we were supposed to explain how we would do the task. Examples: "Make pancakes", "create a home cinema", "change oil of the car", "de-freeze the fridge".

1 Answer

Describe OOP fundamental features.

3140 of 2,450 Interview Questions