Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Software Engineer

Software Engineer Interview Questions

1,887

Software engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Create a graph class and graph traversal algorithms.

2 Answers

Write an algorithm to rotate a node of a binary tree.

2 Answers

typically questions consist of book defination of class and object, polymorphism , over riding etc

2 Answers

write a function to find 2nd highest value in an array. Basic questions on STL library , some baisc regrex questions , difference between left join right join ( only basic stuff). I guess w3school tutorial is fine incase if you want to refresh . simple sql query using joins.

2 Answers

How are static members of a template class shared?

2 Answers

How will you prevent the code in finally block from executing? The question isn't a very fair one as a good programmer would not write the code in finally block that he/she doesn't want to execute

2 Answers

During the second interview, I was asked to implement LCA in a binary tree (not BST) on collabedit.com. I was close, but not close enough...

3 Answers

I completely froze on following question which could be useful in a function that reverses order of words. How would you move a chunk of memory in C++/C?

2 Answers

Are you married? Do you have any kids? Where do you live?

2 Answers

1. How to achieve automatic type conversion from type X to type Y? a. X can define the member function operator Y() b. a) or b) can be used c. Y can define the constructor Y(const X&) d. none of the above 2. class Coordinate{ int x; int y; public: Coordinate(int a=0, int b=0) { x=a; y=b; }; }; What are the values for the following object: Coordinate point(10); a. x=10,y=0 b. x=0,y=10 c. x=10,y=10 d. x=0,y=0 3. What type of argument can the following function take : Void foo(); a. any number or type of arguments b. a character c. an integer d. no an integer argument of any type 4. Consider the following function declarations in a header file: void doit(char *, int); int doit(char *) ; float doit(float, float) ; Which of the following declarations cannot follow in the same header: a. void doit(int, char *); b. int doit(int) ; c. float doit(char *) ; d. int doit(int, int) ;

3 Answers