Systems administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for systems administrator

Systems administrator Interview Questions

systems administrator interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Why do you want to switch from your current job to a customer support role?

4 Answers

I had no clear answer for this, I managed to dodge the bullet, but my reaction was far from satisfying.

Be honest. If you don't know why you did it then you are just going to come across as a floater. If you struggle with this type of question ask yourself this: What are the Con's of my current job / career path? What are the Pro's of my target job / carrer path? Why did I apply for this job? Why did I apply to this company? This structure will clarify things within yourself and hopefully spawn a few branching thoughts. When answering: Be confident of your decision; be prepared for rebuke and counter-questions. These are designed to test your resolve; your thought process and your competence. The real question here is much different - Who am I hiring. Consider this.

Hi and thanks for your comment. I totally agree and I would have been prepared for the question hadn't it been that I was brought in for a interview in a "Linux System Administrator" position, which promptly changed into a "Support Engineer" role. I still wanted the job though.

Why are you single?

3 Answers

I was asked a very vague question about a server going offline at 5pm on a Friday while everybody was preparing to go home for the weekend. What would I do.

2 Answers

Why are you looking to join?

2 Answers

Why don't you want to take a 50% pay cut?

2 Answers

Write a Java program, which counts occurrences of a string within a string.

1 Answer

What would make me stay "here" in one year?

1 Answer

Various questions about my CV as well as my interests/background

1 Answer

Can you describe a time when you had to inspire a group of colleagues?

1 Answer

I have been asked if I am OK to work with computer and have ever seen Excel (I am not in retirement, but 25 yr old young guy) and if I have ever worked under pressure with deadlines etc.

110 of 120 Interview Questions