Interview Question

Senior IT Technician/IT Manager Interview

-London, England, England

Yoti

take this pen and write the code in BASH to read a CSV file, take the 3rd column and print it in uppercases

Answer

Interview Answers

3 Answers

I didn't know by heart the functions for reading CSV files and uppercase. I said in Systems Administration, we don't write code everyday, our code works for months, even years. And it's not secure to write a script from scratch, since we can't think about everything before going back to the IT Support. I usually take a good script from the internet, read all of it, adapt what needs be.

Anonymous on

'I usually take a good script from the internet' does not sound like something somebody experienced in a command language would say. This exercise is extremely basic, one I would expect to find within the first few pages of a tutorial on learning bash with zero experience needed. Perhaps you should not put a command language on your CV if you are not confident in its most basic applications.

Nick Thompson on

You have totally the same spirit as them. Great. Never said they were wrong. I'm pretty sure of my skill with those language as my programs were always reliable and secure and even taught them for a few years at university. I simply dont need them on a daily basis when in charge for the IT. I'd remember more easily how to secure an OS for a job interview.

Anonymous on

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.