Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Technical Support Engineer

Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions

Technical support engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

If you faced kernel panic what shoud you do to explain what happened?

5 Answers

A panic may occur as a result of a hardware failure or a software bug in the operating system. In many cases, the operating system is capable of continued operation after an error has occurred. However, the system is in an unstable state and rather than risking security breaches and data corruption, the operating system stops to prevent further damage and facilitate diagnosis of the error.

go to runlevel 1 > change the selinux mode=permissive > reboot > now go to runlevel 5 (graphics mode) and again change the selinux mode=enforcing and now reboot. done.

A panic may occur as a result of a hardware failure or a software bug in the operating system. In many cases, the operating system is capable of continued operation after an error has occurred. However, the system is in an unstable state and rather than risking security breaches and data corruption, the operating system stops to prevent further damage • Kernel Panic - Not syncing: Attempted to kill init! exitcode=0x00000009 • Diagnosis: New kernel version has bug. • Suggested Solution: wait for fix, use previous version. The problem with this approach is that somehow the new kernel seems to have messed up the old one, and if and when I use the GRUB menu to select a previous version (both in regular and recovery mode) the new kernel gives the exact same error. • Cannot boot because: Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init! • Diagnosis: Missing /sbin/init file • Solution: Use LiveOS to look for /sbin/init file, try to add it if missing. My error is similar, as the run-init command is not working, but not because a file is missing. Similarly to the OP's case, my disk is working fine and if I access the device from a LiveOS I'm able to find all the binary directories and files. • Kernel panic - not syncing : attempted to kill int ! exit code=0x00007f00 Not really suggesting a solution, but pointing out multiple possible diagnosis none of which seem to fit my problem. Selinux related issues @kernal panic kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill inint ! PId: 1, comm: init not tainted 2.6.32.-279-5.2.e16.x86_64 #1 then you should have disabled selinux (linux firewall) and after that you have rebooted the system. The easier is to use a live OS and re-enable it vim /etc/selinux/config ... SELINUX=enforcing ... Second choise is to disable selinux in the kernel arguments by adding selinux=0 vim /boot/grub/grub.conf ... kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.20-selinux-2003040709 ro root=/dev/hda1 nousb selinux=0 ... • Diagnosis: If you just upgraded your Linux or played with SELinux while trying to remove or disable it. • Suggested Solution: Boot system through grub command line and disable variables related to selinux. The links refer to different systems so I adapted the solution as follows, once I started the GRUBcommand line: grub> set root=(hd0,1) selinux=0 enforcing=0 grub> linux /boot/vmlinuz-3.19.0-25-generic root=/dev/sda1 grub> initrd /boot/initrd.img-3.13.0-29-generic grub> boot Disk label mismatch in /boot kernel panic I just came across this problem when I replaced a failing disk. I had copied over the system files to the new disk, and was good about replacing the old disk's UUID entry with the new disk's UUID in fstab. However I had not replaced the UUID in the grub.conf (sometimes menu.lst) file in /boot/grub. So check your grub.conf file, and if the "kernel" line has something like kernel ... root=UUID=906eaa97-f66a-4d39-a39d-5091c7095987 it likely has the old disk's UUID. Replace it with the new disk's UUID and run grub-install (if you're in a live CD rescue you may need to chroot or specify the grub directory). Force restart after kernel panic Solution is :- 1. Restart 2. Go to advanced menu and then click on 'e'(edit the boot parameters) 3. Go down to the line which starts with linux and press End 4. Press space 5. Add the following at the end -> kernel.panic=1 6. Press F10 to restart This basically forces your PC to restart because by default it does not restart after a kernel panic.

You need to really know how packets flow around a network. Proper deep dive.

2 Answers

- Went to their office in London, it looks very nice but I think the space is somehow not that big. - There was lots of questions related to packet flow in network, make sure you understand the packet flow and ICMP works. There were also questions about VLANS, STP, Trunking, 802.1q using white boards. This process took about an hour. - Then I had another hour with one of the manager which was more like to know my personality.

1 Answer

Examples of high pressure situations

1 Answer

What was the biggest mistake of your life?

1 Answer

What is the salary expectation?

1 Answer

how would i deal with an irate customer

1 Answer

what is .OST and .PST file?

What is 20x22

1 Answer

Do you have any experience with Citrix

110 of 130 Interview Questions