Technology graduate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Technology graduate Interview Questions

5,872

technology graduate interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Video interview question included: why network rail, why the rail industry, when have you solved a problem creatively and when have you made a professional network.

25 Answers

Did you got the invitation to the AC? May I know, which scheme you've applied for? Thanks, -Raz

Yes I did and it is the civil engineering scheme

Oh.. Brilliant thanks for your response, my one was electrical , I did it my test on last week Thursday and no answer yet , got an e-mail saying that it is going to take more than 7days. All the best for your AC mate! Raz

SJT: very easy, have a little practice online then you can pass it very easily Numerical Test: practice at least 8 tests, 18 questions in 24 mins?, I THINK I got 13/18, and quite rush for the last 4 questions. Inductive test: practice at least 8 tests to know the tricks about it eg rotations, same patterns, alternating etc, 24 questions in 25 mins. very rush for the last 8 questions, I THINK I got at least half. Video interview: Why do you know about rail industry, what do you like our graduate scheme, a time to solve problems creatively (feeling before, during and after), a time to build a professional network (feeling before, during and after). what are your key strengths and skills and how you can use them to contribute Network Rail, why work for Network rail. 8 Questions in total. 1 min to prepare your answers. Will give you 1 or 2 mins to answer your questions. Tips for Video: They ask you a general questions, but then give you quite a few sub questions which are relevant to the general questions. PRACTICE EVERY SINGER QUESTIONS, BE CONCISE AND WITHIN 2 MINS. MAKE SURE YOU ANSWER THE SUB QUESTIONS. AND VIDEO INTERVIEW IS WEIRD! contact me if you want more info or discussion

11 Answers

Why are you interested in Network Rail and the graduate scheme?

9 Answers

I got to the third and final interview stage with the company for which I had to prepare a presentaion talking about myself, how I would fit into the company and what I know about them. Previously I had a successful skype interview and a face to face interview where I impressed and was told to keep doing what i'm doing. So at this final interview stage I had prepared a presentaion about the company and I conducted additional research (as any normal person would), only to be told after a brief chat with an executive before I was supposed to do my presentation, that they wouldn't be taking my application further. Bare in mind this is just before I was supposed to do my presentation that I had prepared and had rehearsed for a considerable amount of time. I'm not angry/annoyed that I didn't get on to the graduate programme, because if i'd have been given the opportunity and they didn't think i'd be suited to it then I would say 'ok fair enough', i'm fuming at the fact that they wouldn't even let me conduct my presentation that they ask all graduates to make as part of the interview process to get onto the LIFT programme. When he was telling me why I hadn't got any further he almost seemed to take pleasure in telling me he'd done the same to over half the other graduates at this stage and didn't allow them to present either. As a whole this tells me the company is completely unprofessional, that their interview process is ridiculously flawed and that the executive who gave me my final interview is a horrible little man who takes pleasure in other people's failure due to his own lack of knowledge around how an interview should work.

8 Answers

Why railway industry? Why Network Rail? How do you develop the professional relationship and how do you feel before during and after?

6 Answers

What products do we make at the site you have applied for ?

6 Answers

This question came up in the set venn diagram test. Out of 120 students, those with ID's that are even numbers are doing Physics, and all with ID's divisible by 5 are doing Chemistry, and all with ID's divisible by 7 are doing Maths. How many are doing Physics AND Maths? How many are doing Maths and Chemistry? How many are doing neither subject? etc..

6 Answers

GD and PI will be the 3rd stage in the interview process.

7 Answers

There are three bags, one contains only red marbles, one contains only green marbles and the last contains both red and green. You do not know how many marbles are in each bag. Each of the bags is incorrectly labelled. How many times do you have to draw to figure out the correct labels of each bag?

5 Answers

Given an array of integers, delete the max and min numbers (both could appear more than once) in place. Do it in O(n) without shifting.

4 Answers