Test engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Test engineer Interview Questions

test engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Why DLG & this grad scheme?

2 Answers

- Provide background info about DLG - Relate your answers to the 6 core values - Say what appealed to you about the grad scheme (i.e. I said I like the rotational aspect as I wasn't 100% sure which area of business I wanted to focus on).

Hello, have you had the assessment centre yet? could you give some insight into that please? What was the aptitude test like? Thanks

1. Started with questions about the organisation, so go through their website to be well informed. 2. Basic Technical questions with regards to Testing : What is testing ? , Pros and Cons of hiring a Test Engineer, What is Unit testing? , Agile Test environment ? 3. Logic Based Questions : 1. There are 7 balls of which there is one ball that is heavier than the other 6. There is a scale that tips towards the heavier side. In how many minimum number of weighs can you find the heaviest ball ? (Answer provided below) 2. There are 4 divers in a cave. The time they take to traverse the cave one way is A = 10mins, B=5mins, C=2mins and D=1min. There is one canister with Oxygen with two attached masks. Scenario 1 : Considering unlimited oxygen in the Canister how can you get all the divers out of the cave in 10 mins time before the cave is submerged in water. Even if the divers are on the mask they still escape, don't drown. Scenario 2. The Oxygen in the Canister lasts only for 18mins, so how will you get all the divers out of the cave safely. 4. Technical problem which involved testing a system which forms different types of triangles (Equilateral, Isosceles and Scalene). Test with Negative numbers, decimals, and different scenarios. Basically, the thought process was being judged.

2 Answers

Asked question: Using an already implemented method Rand5() that generates a random integer between the ranges 1-5 uniformly. Using this method, implement a a new method that returns a random integer in the range 1-7 uniformly, i.e. Rand7(). Basically this is Rejection Sampling Algorithm. See http://leetcode.com/2010/11/rejection-sampling.html

2 Answers

You have 1000 elements which of the following is largest.

2 Answers

The hardest answer they asked me is the next one: If you are writing an automated test for a set-top-box, how would you check that there's video being shown on the screen?

2 Answers

Salary expectations in hourly rates.

1 Answer

I asked this one. What's the job training like? Or what training will I receive?

1 Answer

The questions are just around your experience and why you are qualified for the role.

Roles and Responsibilities