the Rank Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 7 Feb 2017

2.9

Estates Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at the Rank Group (Maidenhead, England).

Interview

The interview process was a 4-stage interview, initially an interview with the Director of Talent Acquisition, followed by an interview with the Property Director and Director of Talent, then a personality test online, and finally an interview with the CEO. It was clear from the first stage interview, that Rank would be interested in me as an individual - there were questions about me and my interests and what I would like to develop in myself as well as where I would like to be career-wise in the future. This, along with the 4-stage interview (the company clearly cared about who they were appointing), and what I learned about Rank through those interviews, made it clear to me this would be a place I would be happy at in my career.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you and how you get to being here today?   Answer Question

Senior VIP Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at the Rank Group (Sheffield, England) in January 2017.

Interview

Presentation based on a set task issued prior to interview followed by competency based interview. The total process lasted an hour. I was informed a week following the interview of the decision.

Customer Champion Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at the Rank Group (Sheffield, England) in July 2016.

Interview

Assessment Centre in the Sheffield Grosvenor Casino, a presentation on teh company, the role and also a video on Company values.
    Followed by a short interview and written customer service test, and then finished off with a Roulette demonstration!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have received or given Great Customer Service?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at the Rank Group (London, England) in January 2016.

Interview

Great, it was a fantastic experience and not too difficult. I would go through the process again as I enjoyed it so much. There were no difficult questions and I answered the questions well. All I wanted to do was post information about the company not sure why I have to fill this in too.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage conflict   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not too difficult

Poker Dealer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at the Rank Group (Manchester, England) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was about 30 mins long with questions centered around customer service and "How have you dealt" with "this" situation and some personality questions. Only 2-3 casino/poker related questions.

Interview Questions

• Name all the poker hands in poker starting from the weakest and ending with the strongest.   Answer Question

RESOURCE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint James, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at the Rank Group (Saint James, England) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Had a call from HR to discuss the role and was told that the Hiring manager would call me. Had a telephone interview about a week later. Then was told to have face to face a week later with another manager and representative from HR. Went for the interview at London office @St James Park. The interview was not in that office and was taken to Debhanams across the road in a busy coffee shop. Not ideal

Interview Questions

• The questions were based around the role and past experience.   Answer Question

Croupier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at the Rank Group in March 2015.

Interview

It was a very friendly process very nice there was a open day witch attended and they had a 5 min interview and if selected then went on a second interview and got told I had the job there and then

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at the Rank Group.

Interview

Applied through a recruitment agency. The job description had changed by the time telephone interview had been scheduled, which I did not know ahead of the interview .

Moreover I was applying for a senior level position and the questions were like describe analytics , what is data , what is BI which I found really weird . Having been through a lot of telephone interviews in the past , I can say that this definitely would put off an potential employee .

Head of Applications Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at the Rank Group (Maidenhead, England) in May 2014.

Interview

Rigorous. Combination of HR and the structured review of my skills and appropriateness for the role. Had to give examples of where I had actually actioned things and used my experience. It was example based which was good. Some good questions which made me think about my answers. It felt collaborative and interactive which made me perform to my best.

Interview Questions

• How would your colleagues describe you?   1 Answer

Croupier Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at the Rank Group (London, England) in April 2011.

Interview

First it had a knowledge quiz on rules and procedures of some 40-50 questions, if passed you'd move the n to a short trial of dealing hands, having rounds on roulette at closed table with the shift manager and the pit boss. Then they carry on with further questions and look at how you execute or solve different situations.

Interview Questions

• What's the procedure if you misdealt a hand in black jack?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.