Trainee patent attorney Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Trainee patent attorney Interview Questions

trainee patent attorney interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What are some of the tasks a patent attorney does?

1 Answer

Produce patent claims for industrial or research interests, research the given field to understand the IP landscape, represent clients in court of law on patent inffringements.

Do I recognise this chemical equation, do I understand it significance in modern biology.

1 Answer

How much do you know about the profession?

1 Answer

FIRST STAGE: Competency based questions like "Name a time you've displayed teamwork but you weren't the leader" Name a time you had to convince another person and a time when someone had to convince you" "Describe an occasion where you had to present to people" SECOND STAGE: Basically redo written description of can opener but verbally this time They ask about a project you've done, most likely your dissertation "How did you plan the project?" "How did you find having to read all that text during your literature research for it?" "Why a career in IP?" "Why Reddie and Grose?" "Why a career in IP?" "Why Reddie and Grose?" "How do you feel about the conversion to law?"

1 Answer

Describe how GPS works and narrows down your position.

1 Answer

e.g. technical q: What is the structure of an antibody e.g. HR q: Tell me about a time when you had to have attention to detail

1 Answer

How many components I could name in a standard smartphone and how some of those work

why the profession ?

- Tell me about your PhD - How does a transistor work

Why do you want to be a Patent Attorney? Describe a project that you have done.

110 of 90 Interview Questions