Chemical engineer Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor.co.uk

Chemical engineer Interview Questions in United Kingdom

chemical engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Do you like the company?

1 Answer

Yes it’s sustainable and has a green vision.

Name 3 companies NNL works with.

1 Answer

Describe the components/process equipment in this P&ID.

1 Answer

I was asked how I dealt with a project not going to plan/having to adapt a project plan.

1 Answer

Are you interest in chemical engineering?

1 Answer

Tell me about a time when you worked in a team.

1 Answer

What do you think are the most important strategic issues facing INEOS over the next five years and why? Please list a maximum of three issues.

1 Answer

Questions from the recruiters and HR are generic questions to do with your CV and scenario/motivation questions. Eg - why do you want the job, state a time you had to deal with a difficult team member, a time you took an innovative approach to solve a problem, what is your proudest achievement etc. The technical questions are the most challenging aspect of the assessment centre. The process may have changed but you should expect to be interviewed by a Field Operation Services (FOS) manager. The FOS manager is the individual who is effectively your boss after you have finished the 18 month training programme. I was asked to explain a standard oil refining process similar to one I had studied during my third year design project and was asked about my masters design project. During the explanation the manager threw in specific questions regarding process deviations, hazardous events and the HAZOP process. My answers for the HAZOP were not ideal but I was told that, overall, my explanations were acceptable. The final interview was with a senior sales engineer. These tend to be very experienced engineers. It started well but ultimately I fell below par on a troubleshooting question that I was not expecting and underprepared for, so thoroughly recommend candidates revise this area. You are not expected to know everything but it acts as a good test of your engineering judgement.

1 Answer

Draw a pressure-enthalpy diagram for a refrigeration cycle.

110 of 64 Interview Questions