Vice president controller Interview Questions

Vice President Controller interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance|Popular|Date
Par Electrical Contractors
Executive Assistant to Vice President/Operation and Financial Controller was asked...14 April 2016

Can I balance a high stressed work environment and role being that I was a single mother.

2 Answers

That was an illegal question they asked if it is about your parental, marital, or health status. Less

As long as the company allowed my son to come first in my priorities, I would be able to balance and maintain work and personal life. Less

AIG

What would you do if you had a 10:00 pm phone call with Japan?

1 Answers

I would work my standard work day, but try to leave the office at a reasonable time to take the phone call from home. Was told that was unacceptable, MUST be in the office for the phone call. Less

cohens  fashion optical

He didn't so much ask questions as present his grandiose thoughts of himself and expectations for a "work horse" CFO. He doesn't take more than a weeks' vacation and expects others to follow suit. Likewise pretty much everything else he had to say was full of himself and his wants and needs. He ALSO stated that whomever he hired would be expected to fire staff he didn't like. Really???

1 Answers

I answered in polite fashion. But this guy is an arrogant *** and it's no wonder he cannot maintain his staff. Less

NetBrain Technologies

The most interesting interview element was a two-hour "brainstorming" session with the two top SVPs of the company.

1 Answers

This involved my discussing how I would approach solving current business issues for them and brainstorming solutions with them. They took very detailed notes of my responses. Less

Warner Music Group

Describe your financial reporting experience?

1 Answers

I automated the financial reporting of the monthly results by product line at Sony Music. Less

Signal Vine

You work for a five-year old SaaS company named Silky which just completed a break-even 2017 with $5M in GAAP revenues across 250 customers and ended the year with $1.5M in the bank. The company has an 88% customer renewal rate, net negative churn of 110%, and would like to grow 50% in 2018. Making any assumptions you need to, build a three year forecast for the business. Be prepared to explain your model and the assumptions you made. Prepare a 5-10 minute presentation to the Board of Directors of your forecast and the related forecasted financials for 2018 including the Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flows. Also include any key business or SaaS metrics in your summary. You have also been told the board wants to know how trying to grow more aggressively (75%) would impact the cash needs of the business, so be prepared to discuss a more aggressive growth scenario with the board.

Citco

General questions about previous experience and management skills and knowledge about hedge funds etc. I was offered lower position and much lower salary than in previous company and I declined offer!

Absolute

Depending on interviewer, questions were focused around soft skills, change management, knowledge of SaaS, leadership, approach to team development, cultural fit.

Prospect Medical Holdings

How do you build accountability?

H2 Concepts

Where do you see yourself in 3 years?

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Interview Questions