xDesign (UK) Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

xDesign (UK) Interview Questions

Interviews at xDesign (UK)

2.2

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at xDesign (UK) (Remote, OR (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

Applied online for a remote position, got home coding assignment for approx. ~5 hours of work, after finishing it and submission I did not hear back from the recruiter, not even a simple "you suck, we prefer other candidates" phrase. Quite rare, bad and unprofessional experience.

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at xDesign (UK) (Edinburgh, Scotland) in January 2019.

Interview

The Interview is split into 3 stages ( Phone, tech test, trial day)
    The environment seems ok, but the recruitment process is not well organized.
    My mistake was, to not read the previous review (Backend Developer Interview).
    My suggestion for someone want apply for any role in Xdesign is ask to do the trial day via skype or something like that don't go there because probably you'll lose time

Backend Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at xDesign (UK) (Edinburgh, Scotland) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was in 3 stages and extremely time consuming.

First stage is a technical phone interview, I was asked about coding principles and my background. It lasted about 40 minutes which is a normal length for an interview like this. During the interview I was told that the second stage would be a coding excersise.

I got a positive feedback same day and I was given the exercise, which included creating a read only API and a front end for a web application based on data given in an xml. This took about a day, but since it was a second stage and my experience during the interview was so positive I was willing to spend the time. After this I got positive feedback and got called for an interview in person which is where my negative experience began.

After all these stages I expected a more chilled interview with the end goal being to evaluate my character since I was already asked plenty of technical questions and had to produce a sample of my work. I emailed back asking if this would be a technical interview and if I should bring my laptop in case they want to see more of my work. I got a response that this interview would include a peer programming assessment which would last the whole afternoon. Mind this was said after the interview was already set and agreed on, if I didn't follow up with questions I would've not known this until the day. It is extremely inconvenient given that you already have a job and you have to work around this.

Once I showed up the interview started with some technical questions most of which I was already asked during the first interview. It felt like they weren't prepared for me coming over, they didn't remember what my answers or in that matter their questions have been during the first interview the previous week. I was asked to use my laptop for the peer programming assessment, which felt more like being supervised rather than a peer assessment. I found it a little bit unprofessional that they didn't have a computer set up for me to do this, considering I had no information what needs to be set up and as often happens when you set up a new framework on your working environment problems occur. This eventually happen after an hour or so, the guy interviewing me couldn't figure out what the problem was so he then ended the interview abruptly. Which I assume was partially because he had work to do. If this was an actual peer programming assessment I don't see a reason why we couldn't continue on his system. I felt like there was no respect towards my time and rather than their attitude indicating this was an interview it felt more like I had enter a competition rather than you are there for both parties to find out if this is a suitable fit.

Graduate Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at xDesign (UK) (Edinburgh, Scotland) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with one of the guys (I believe it was Ross). He was very friendly and enthusiastic, told a lot about what to expect from the next round, about the working day, projects, what to expect were I accepted and so on. Was very pleasant to talk. Even though I had no experience with Android, it did not feel that he immediately disqualified me. Overall, extremely pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experience with Android platform   1 Answer
    • I was asked a little about my background (I did not follow the usual path of UG in comp sci.)   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.