zulily Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at zulily

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at zulily (Seattle, WA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

worst interviewer asked questions I solved with optimal solution but got rejected he replied saying that I am fit for the team personality wise but not for the role and

Analyst Interview

Interview

it was a pretty typical interview process. First I had the first interview then I had a technical screening then I had an interview with the hiring manager and then member of the team and peers

Interview Questions

• it was a pretty typical question   1 Answer

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at zulily (Seattle, WA (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

It was a 2 hour vitual interview based off of the STAR method. You should be prepared with specific examples of times you succeed and/or contributed to the overall team goal.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at zulily in August 2020.

Interview

Within a week of applying online for the position, I received an email about scheduling an interview with the recruiter. After emailing a few times with the recruiter, a phone interview was scheduled for the following morning.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Snoqualmie, WA (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at zulily (Snoqualmie, WA (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

Multiple interviews, entire process took over a month. They seemed aware of their reputation as not the best place to work and made a point of noting what they had done to improve situation. After final round of interviews I heard NOTHING. I had to reach out after 2 weeks for a response/ decline on position. Reinforced their poor reputation.

Analytics Manager Interview

Interview

Applied through an employee referral. It took multiple follow ups to get the initial conversation with the recruiter schedule. When it finally did, the recruiter sent me an excel exercise as a follow up to do in 1 hour. I never heard back from the recruiter after spending 1 hour answering the questions in the exercise. I understand 100% that it may not have been a fit, but given the time I spent with them, I would expect a minimum consideration of replying and saying thank you for your time.

Interview Questions

• There were 3 questions in the excel file.
      One showed a pattern in sales and asked you to predict future sales
      One showed the results of a an A/B test and asked what decision would you have taken
      Don't remember the 3rd one.   Answer Question

Copy Writer Interview

Interview

After I submitted my application I was contacted to do a copywriting activity (writing a product description for 7 products and then a brand description) as well as answer a few basic interview questions via email. That went well and I was offered an in person interview where a Copy Lead and Supervisor interviewed me. They were both very nice and the questions they asked were very straightforward interview types of questions and it started by asking me to tell them more about myself.

Interview Questions

• Why Zulily? What about the company attracts you?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to receive feedback and tell us your preferred way of receiving feedback.   Answer Question
    • How do you avoid getting bored of repetition?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone interview, met them at the career fair, then two in-person interviews at their fulfillment center. I also had a tour of the facility when I went for the interviews

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at zulily.

Interview

I had a phone screen with a recruiter, then spoke to two engineers in the second interview. Described technical experience, provided background information with my general experience, and completed two coding problems.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at zulily (Seattle, WA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews with Recruiter and Hiring Manager. You should have an on-site interview after but I wasn't selected.

The interview process was simple. But on the first interview, they asked me my current salary and bonus, which should be illegal in WA by now. Also after going through 3 interviews, they didn't bother giving me a decision.

Overall the interviewers were very nice but I was surprised to get the "salary question".

Interview Questions

• "What is your current salary and how much bonus do you get?"
      "Explain your current position."
      "Why are you looking for a job?"
      "How do you search candidates? Explain to me the steps."
      "Why did you apply for us?"   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.