- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I worked at AKQA full-time (More than 8 years)
- Technologists get to work with talented creatives and strategists
- A broad variety of verticals and tech stacks to work across
- Anyone can contribute ideas regardless of level
- Professional development opportunities
- Talented and motivated team-mates
- Dynamic environment may not suit developers used to an enterprise environment
- Spikes in work sometimes require long hours, although this can be balanced out during slower periods
Phone interview with HR & the Hiring Manager, then in-person interview. After the in-person interview, the company decided to go with another candidate who had Advertising/Marketing experience. Weeks later, I found out the job is still open and no where on the job descriptions says Advertising experience is required for the job. Had someone actually read my resume, it would clearly show that I did not have Advertising industry experience.
I should have done my homework and read the reviews on Glassdoor. It's a boys club and you have to fit a certain mold in order to be hired. And it seems lying is a common practice throughout the company.