- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
Ably London, England isn't hiring right now. Check out all Ably jobs
Ably HQ Techspace, 25 Luke Street, Hackney Get Directions
I have been working at Ably full-time (Less than a year)
- There are valuable colleagues: emotional intelligent, smart, experienced or all simultaneously. E.g. I was in a call with 3 people, and we had 50 years of experience in technology. People are thoughtful when needed: long term strategy, short term tactics and communication.
- There are even more perks, but here are some I like: Juno (which is an app with extra perks like food delivery, apple watch, based on accumulating points), healthcare, snack budget for every friday meeting, which goes between 4 to 5pm.
- There is an outgoing, friendly and dedicated people team, who are detecting any issues they find. The people team have introduced an anonymous form for people to submit further information if they have any issues. They also share resources online, and recommend/ (advocate on slack) people buy resources/ books and get them expensed.
- Organised: the confluence pages are well written
- Very open. Things are very transparent. Adding an anonymous Q&A in the weekly meeting.
Nothing so far to mention.
Advice to Management
I like seeing the people team's engagement (e.g. in slack, in Zoom calls). I think there won't be any long term cons when issues are found and addressed like they are now.
I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ably (London, England) in March 2021.
After an initial call with the line manager to be, I was given a small task to create a presentation answering questions raised in a specification document. This was followed by presenting the task and an in depth interview.