- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
Checkout Ltd 41-55 Shepherdess Walk, Hoxton, London Get Directions
I have been working at Checkout.com full-time (More than a year)
- Bright and friendly teammates. It's a pleasure to work alongside my co-workers;
- Flexible working hours;
- Great for learning and progressing your career. Lots of support from within and outside the teams. Flexibility in choosing one's path;
- Variety of interesting projects. Awesome challenges and meaningful problems to solve;
- High standard of engineering and best practices applied. Using a modern tech stack and keeping projects neat, organised, and efficient;
- Fair, transparent and excellent remuneration package;
- Awesome equipment, sensinble staff policies & meaningful benefits.
- Fast-paced, meaning it's sometimes a chaotic and an unpredictable journey. However, that seems inevitable in a progressive and rapidly expanding scale-up. Also, it's worth noting that this has been improving steadily and going in the right direction.
Advice to Management
Keep trusting your teams. Focus on the bigger picture, avoid micro-management and exaggeration of minor project & velocity setbacks. After all, progress is never a straight & predictable path.
I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Checkout.com (London, England) in July 2021.
I had an interview meeting at 9 AM but the interviewer joined the meeting at 9.2 AM with 2 minutes delay while his webcam was off, just told me: Sorry it seems you need visa sponsorship?
He asked me this question while I was clearly mentioned that I need visa sponsorship in my profile and then asked about my nationality?
It is the first time I see a company asking about nationality at a meeting which seems quite unprofessional!