- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy UK City of Westminster, England isn't hiring right now. Check out all Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy UK jobs
I have been working at Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy UK full-time (More than 3 years)
* Good work life balance
* Flexible working - working from home, compressed hours, flexi-time etc.
* Managers ask about your wellbeing.
* but worth it if you value flexible working and your overall wellbeing.
* Great IT, even if we complain about it.
* Non-toxic working environment
* People are friendly
* Lower wages means an opportunity for younger people to gain management experience in a supportive environment where they might not otherwise have been given the chance
* Wage is lower than private sector equivalent
* Hot desking
* Lack of promotion within teams means that policy areas may not have good institutional knowledge/skills
* May have to implement policies you might not agree with
* Ministers have slow response times
* Institutional problem with writing things in an overly verbose and lengthy way
* No mandatory training given for 'Simpler Clearer Communication'
Advice to Management
Combat poor institutional knowledge for specific policy areas by arranging 'consulting hours' as part of the transition period and formalising the need for handover notes.
Get this page going by posting a photo. It only takes a second, and your photos are anonymous.Share a Photo
I applied online. I interviewed at Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy UK (City of Westminster, England) in February 2019.
It was a 3 person panel interview. All questions were competency based, covering competencies specified in the job description. Interview was very formal and heavily focused on experience rather than personality and soft skills. Process also involved a 10 minute presentation on a specific example, followed by questions (no powerpoint slides).