I worked at Illumina as an intern (Less than a year)
everyone is kind and willing to help
everything is good, no complaint
I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Illumina (Singapore (Singapore)).
Two months in total from job application to get offer.
1. HR phone call to check why you want to join the company and introduce the interview processes (~ 1 month after applied online)
2. Hiring manager phone call to know your background and introduce the team
3. Video interview with two staff engineers, questions mainly about your experiences, system design, multithreading. No coding test.
4. Video interview with two mangers to understand if you really want to join the team.
5. Video interview with director. More like an informative session, to help you understand the company.
6. HR phone call to explain the package.
The interviews were not difficult. I could get result in one or two days after each round. The offer is not based on you current salary, it's based on their salary structure. So for me their package is not attractive, almost same with my current package. I must say the interviewers I met are very nice and professional.