- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
Lyft Tampa, FL (US) isn't hiring right now. Check out all Lyft jobs
I have been working at Lyft (More than a year)
Provides opportunity to make money according to Driver's schedule. Some of its features for the Drivers (Destination filter, Scheduled Rides, Filtering for Bad Rider/Driver ratings) are executed better than your competition.
1) Seems overly sensitive to comments from riders, even when contradictory. The rating system needs to be improved. Your competition's rating system is much better.
2) Has connection problems between system and Drivers - areas of limited coverage, especially when compared to Uber.
3) Like your competition, it has added fees to the Rider's bill without increasing the Driver's income.
4) It has a higher cancellation rate (from its riders) than its competition.
5) Poor communication between company and Drivers.
Advice to Management
Your rating system, though better in one respect than your competition's, is worse than your competition's. I drive for both of the companies and yet my ratings are off by a significant factor when one is compared to the other. I have complained to Support about your poor connection coverage before when I was just driving for Lyft. When I started driving for your competition, it, comparatively, became worse. There are obvious communication/management problems within your company that keep it from being a more desirable company to work for. If it really is to become the best, it needs to fix its own problems before just hoping the bulge under the carpet doesn't get too big to ignore.
Get this page going by posting a photo. It only takes a second, and your photos are anonymous.Share a Photo
I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft (Tampa, FL (US)) in September 2019.
Coding assessment was on a project with the implementation of the neighborhood restaurant finder. The application has a lot of classes with and the task was to implement some of the methods for the application using object-oriented programming techniques by using already implemented classes and their methods.