- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Paddle full-time (More than a year)
* Constant drive for improvement and success but not at the cost of employees
* Benefits of a corporate firm at a scale-up size >> Healthcare, Food, Exercise, Education etc.
* You can see the impact of your actions both in Customers and internally
* Continuous learning no matter how much previous experience you had
* Flat management Structure
* Lots of self-initiative required to have impact
* Constantly changing environment which isn't for everyone
* Get out what you put in
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paddle (London, England) in March 2020.
1Phone Call with People Team
- classic startup interview
- not extremely defined culture, but good vibe overall
2. Technical Test 1 (Zoom call)
- this might be F2F for you, but this is happening because of the pandemic
- some overall question about how you currently work, seems to me more informative for the
Paddle team to see how other companies deal with similar roles.
- the actual technical part was basically 10 lines of code (adding their Checkout button on a
page). I guess it's a good measure to filter non-technical people, but if you are applying you are probably more than able to do this. This task assesses your ability to read their docs basically.
3. Technical Test 2 and Commercial - Zoom call
- this is normally a F2F but there is a pandemic going on
- the task was a basic config of their Checkout solution and a simple POST/GET request done to their API from a server-side language. Again, if you can read docs and do HTTP calls you are all good. Basically assessing the same thing as phase 1.
- after the tech test, there is an interaction with someone from the commercial team. Put on your Relationship Manager/ Customer Success pants for this one. Sure it's not the role you are applying for, but seems to be what they want to hear. Talk about how you manage relations with clients.