- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
Robert Walters San Francisco, CA (US) isn't hiring right now. Check out all Robert Walters jobs
I worked at Robert Walters full-time (Less than a year)
It's a great office to get a start in recruiting especially if you haven't had prior experience. Before joining RW SF, I was in a technical industry with no recruitment experience. They have a great team that coaches you through their process to be efficient and successful.
I really enjoyed the opportunity to work with some of the fastest growing startups in the Bay Area. I was exposed to different industries, orgs, and leaderships that made me appreciate the value recruitment brings to these teams. This office is especially helpful to understand the SF market if you are a transplant and/or new to tech.
Some of my favorite things about Robert Walters:
- Great culture! They foster a collaborative culture where everyone is working together. People are always going out to events, HH, or just hanging out outside of work.
- They teach you resilience. Recruiting can be tough sometimes but the team here is able to coach you through the lows so that you can come out on top while celebrating the highs so that you continue to chase that feeling.
- The Robert Walters approach to recruitment is more strategic and high touch in comparison to other firms which is why the leadership here emphasizes quality over quantity. It really makes you take a step back to see the field as a chess board and how you can make the most out of each move.
- They are currently in process of testing new platforms, but, during my time, their platform is pretty outdated. Don't get me wrong though! It works and works well, but it just isnt as intuitive and user friendly as some of the other software today.
- This is still an agency and a sales job at the end of the day. You only get out as much as you put it and it can be tough. You have to hustle and have grit when it comes to recruitment. This is not a startup where you can relax and get by. Although it is not KPI driven, there are other metrics of success which reflect your hustle.
Advice to Management
Keep up the great job! Understand your recruiters and how they learn / receive feedback.
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Robert Walters (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2018.
Was a good first introduction to the staff. Met four members, including site director and supervisor. They were friendly, but site director and supervisor seemed uninterested before they walked into the room.