Mission: With over 9 million monthly visitors searching and viewing around half a million adverts from almost 14,000 retailers, we work with a huge amount of data. Through the evolution of our digital platforms and data products, we continue to make the car buying process easier for our ...
We are DELIGHTED to have been named one of The Times Top 100 @BestCompanies to work for in 2018! We've jumped to number 32 on the list from 69 in 2017 and it's all down to our incredible employees! #bestcompanies2018 #autotraderlife
We had a blast yesterday at the Manchester Digital Talent day. We were sharing the love for Valentines Day and spoke to some super students about our Graduate and Apprentices opportunities.
Our five values are important to us, not just because they got us where we are today but because they underpin everything we do, from recruitment, career development, recognition through to the delivery of our products and services.
They’re designed to be practical and achievable and lived by every day. Here’s our definition and what they mean to us:
We have been listed in the Top 25 UK Employers 2015 for Pay and Benefits by Glassdoor.
Below are just a few of the incredible benefits that we offer to our awesome employees.
This is what we really care about, do our values match yours?
We are determined to take this business to it's full potential, and beyond!
AutoTrader has been serving it's customers for 37 years, they can rely on us being here for another 37 years at least.
To be successful, we need to feel free to ask questions and try things out, even if we make mistakes.
We are courageous and inspirational to our people, customers and the whole industry
We are all about serving our customers, consumers and of course each other.
We sponsor, host and attend a series of exciting events all year round
For a list of all our events please visit www.autotrader.co.uk/jobs
I have been working at Auto Trader UK full-time (More than 5 years)
No day is ever the same and that’s what I love about this place. At times it’s fast, very fast so you need to have an agile mindset but it keeps me on my toes and that’s what coming to work is all about to me
Working remotely does have its benefits but sometimes feel excluded from what is happening in Manchester office
I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Auto Trader UK (Manchester, England) in January 2018.
Quite a long interview process which is not particularly efficient:
- initial call with a recruiter on experience - lasted about 1.5 hours
- first face to face interview with 2 of the team leaders: presentation, role play, another interview on experience and an interview with a fellow account manager. For me this was the best part of the process because it really shows the preparation and motivation of the individual. It lasted about 4 hours
- numerical reasoning and personality test - that part was a bit strange, never had it before in an interview process but fair enough. It went fairly well but make sure you prepare really, really well for the numerical reasoning test as it’s not easy. For the personality test there’s not much preparation needed, just honest answers
- second face to face interview, this time with one of the directors- positive experience, we went through the results of the personality test and she also gave an explanation of the department structure. Again experience related questions. It was just an hour.
- last face to face interview with another team leader and shadowing a fellow account manager. Overall it lasted about 2 hours.
At the end I received no offer and feedback that my commercial knowledge and experience were not good enough. Overall, I was a bit disappointed to have gone through all of these stages and at the end to get feedback which relates to probably the most important skill for any account manager. If they had doubts about that, then they shouldn’t have invited me for a second interview.