Did you know that we have been recognised as the Best Workplace by Great Place to Work UK, ranking No. 1 in the Large Workplaces category for businesses with 500+ employees? Read more here: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQBNd
Baringa Partners is an independent business and technology consultancy.
We help businesses run more effectively, navigate industry shifts and reach new markets.
We use our industry insights, ideas and pragmatism to help each client improve their business.
Collaboration is central to our strategy and culture ensuring we attract the brightest and the best. And it’s why clients love working with us.
Baringa. Brighter together.
At Baringa, our aim is to recruit the best. We want people who are highly motivated and well-rounded. People who have an entrepreneurial spirit and who want to help to make a difference to the business. People who are committed and passionate about providing a first-class client service.
People like you. Because it's people like you who make Baringa a great place to work.
If you’d like to get to know a little more about us, take a look at this:
Our business, like those of our clients, has changed since we were established in 2000. We’ve grown, added new capabilities and changed our operating model.
But through the change, our five core values have stayed constant - and they remain central to all we do. They are the basis of our workplace culture. They define the way we work. They inform the relationships we have not only with our clients but also each other. It's the reason our clients come back to us time again.
It works for us and it works for our clients too.
We recently ran a staff competition, inviting our people to submit their own original photography which depicted our values in a visual way. The results were so good that all the photography used in our website is made up of those pictures.
At Baringa, we take Corporate Social Responsibility seriously and our objective is to make a positive impact on society and with our staff by focusing on the issues and initiatives that we believe in. We aim to achieve this by enabling our people to make a difference by supporting a range of internal and external charity, community, environmental and well-being initiatives.
At Baringa, we recognise that having a balanced workforce is not only good for recruitment, it’s also good for our clients. We are committed to making Baringa a better balanced place in which to work and thrive. Our internal initiative, Baringa Balance, is aimed at supporting individuals across the company irrespective of background. It’s an initiative that has grown as the company has evolved, and one which:
As part of our commitment to a balanced workforce, we are active members of two Business in the Community initiatives - Opportunity Now and Race for Opportunity.
I have been working at Baringa Partners full-time (More than a year)
- Very little 'dead wood': Full of smart people who know their onions and are deeply passionate about their chosen field. e.g. Our Technology Transformation team are, for the most part, pretty technical in their chosen fields.
- Ability to take ownership: Baringa is still relatively small so the opportunity to build a proposition/capability, or have an idea and run with it, is very real. Partners will back you if you have present a credible case.
- Genuinely collaborative: This comes out in two ways, firstly business units do collaborate to try and build the right project team for each engagement. Secondly, unlike some other consultancies I feel like I could ask colleagues for help if I needed some advice or was struggling on any particular engagement, and not have it held or used against me. People want to see you succeed and this overrides most of the personal ambition/politics/agendas I've experienced elsewhere. It also encourages people to speak up rather than soldier on into situations they may not know how to handle.
- Work Life Balance: In the context of consulting, Baringa makes much more than a token effort to help with this. I know that senior management and partners actively take into account personal situations (e.g. getting married, having a baby, etc) when staffing a client and will not fling someone out to the Outer Hebrides with 24hrs notice. Combined with the perks available for when you do work out of town, this becomes quite a big differentiator to me
- If you are a generalist it can be a little tough to find your place when you are surrounded by SMEs everywhere you turn.
Advice to Management
Try and retain all the things that makes Baringa different, like the 1:10 Partner:Non-Partner ratio, Christmas cards from senior mgt, summer party, family ethos, etc, as Baringa grows
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baringa Partners (London, England) in February 2018.
Assessment centre, small group of candidates. AC involved 20 min case study, 20 min interview with 2 employees followed by 2 group exercises.
They try to make the AC different to other firms, but the result was a confusing set of tasks with little relevance to the role. They are more looking for team work skills than people who actually possess the skills to be a good consultant. They make you feel the process has gone well but the feedback I received was highly critical, picking out small details where I could have improved, which often were caused by the interviewer rather than myself.