Did you know that we have been recognised as the Best Workplace by Great Place to Work UK, ranking No. 1 in the Large Workplaces category for businesses with 500+ employees? Read more here: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQBNd
Baringa Partners is an independent business and technology consultancy.
We help businesses run more effectively, navigate industry shifts and reach new markets.
We use our industry insights, ideas and pragmatism to help each client improve their business.
Collaboration is central to our strategy and culture ensuring we attract the brightest and the best. And it’s why clients love working with us.
Baringa. Brighter together.
At Baringa, our aim is to recruit the best. We want people who are highly motivated and well-rounded. People who have an entrepreneurial spirit and who want to help to make a difference to the business. People who are committed and passionate about providing a first-class client service.
People like you. Because it's people like you who make Baringa a great place to work.
If you’d like to get to know a little more about us, take a look at this:
Our business, like those of our clients, has changed since we were established in 2000. We’ve grown, added new capabilities and changed our operating model.
But through the change, our five core values have stayed constant - and they remain central to all we do. They are the basis of our workplace culture. They define the way we work. They inform the relationships we have not only with our clients but also each other. It's the reason our clients come back to us time again.
It works for us and it works for our clients too.
We recently ran a staff competition, inviting our people to submit their own original photography which depicted our values in a visual way. The results were so good that all the photography used in our website is made up of those pictures.
At Baringa, we take Corporate Social Responsibility seriously and our objective is to make a positive impact on society and with our staff by focusing on the issues and initiatives that we believe in. We aim to achieve this by enabling our people to make a difference by supporting a range of internal and external charity, community, environmental and well-being initiatives.
At Baringa, we recognise that having a balanced workforce is not only good for recruitment, it’s also good for our clients. We are committed to making Baringa a better balanced place in which to work and thrive. Our internal initiative, Baringa Balance, is aimed at supporting individuals across the company irrespective of background. It’s an initiative that has grown as the company has evolved, and one which:
As part of our commitment to a balanced workforce, we are active members of two Business in the Community initiatives - Opportunity Now and Race for Opportunity.
I have been working at Baringa Partners full-time (More than a year)
- the people: smart, engaged, enthusiastic, driven & caring. your colleagues genuinely care about you.
- 0 hierarchy. no one has a corner office, and you can talk to and approach everyone without raising eyebrows
- not everything is perfect, but when something goes wrong, people - all the way up to partners - try very hard to make things right
- the company is growing a lot, and despite huge client demand is looking very closely at who is brought in to join
- it's still a fairly small firm, so if you want to, you can contribute and get a lot of responsibility from day 1
- 3 months promotion cycle (despite some people apparently not reading the employee handbook - it is a real thing, and it avoids the strange "once per year promotion" frenzy) and no quota on promotions (that in my experience encourages cutthroat behaviour)
- parental leave, both for men & women, is actively encouraged
- mental health issues are taken seriously and you can get access to a coach to get through difficult times, no questions asked
- challenges that are brought up through the annual employee opinion survey and other channels are picked up on and worked on, e.g. initiatives to improve onboarding experience, return from parental leave, performance review process, corporate social responsibility program, etc.
- knowledge management is taken seriously and exists as its own function, allowing the key resource of consultants (information) to be shared better than I have seen anywhere before
- innovation in people management
- work-life balance, but that comes with the industry. if you want 9 to 5, don't go into consulting. but at least at baringa, people are trying very hard to make it work, and you do have a lot of freedom when you start working, when you go home (as long as the work's done), and no one's saying anything if you have to take care of personal business for half a day. it's always a challenge, but you can make it work.
- few international opportunities
- the workforce is very international, but diversity in terms of background would be great - there are almost entire teams that consist of only big4-consultants and could benefit from not only hiring through referrals
- if you want to get rich quickly, baringa probably isn't the right place to start. salaries are okay, but not outstanding
- staffing decisions aren't always very transparent, but if you speak up about what you want, what you don't want, my experience has been that it's taken into account as much as possible
Advice to Management
- encourage junior people actively to interact outside of their immediate current project, their team or business unit to get a broader view of the company, get to know a wider range of people and to have more channels of communication
- manage expectations better - be honest about things like time to next promotion, what skills are required, time management, ... sometimes, consulting is hard, and it's better to know that up front
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Baringa Partners (London, England) in April 2017.
Fast, easy & friendly throughout. Partners were engaged on helping me from day 1 & I found the level on seniority who were in frequent contact with me both unusual & refreshing.