I worked at Beyond Search full-time (More than a year)
I've worked at two other executive search firms and Beyond Search is by far the one i've been most happy at. I'm sad to have left (although did so to give my partner a chance at her career and to support of kids in Canada) I'll keep this breif:
- supportive, generous and inspiring leadership (lets you get on with the job and gives you a lot of remit)
- nice environment
- no silly rules
- well paid
- grown up office and workplace
- varied and plentiful work
-generous reward instead of summer trip/xmas trip (because of workload)
- interview's staff that on the surface appear to be good on paper and don't turn out to be in reality. Need a new company to headhunt staff for us or a internal person because we could do with more staff to spread some of the tech workload
- wish we could open the windows or get better A/C (floor to ceiling windows that are west south facing in a tall building make it difficult)
- didn't get a chance to say goodbye to staff member that 'left'.
Advice to Management
Lovely place to work and a shame to leave. Keep up the hard work as you are going places - thanks. p.s persuade the building owners to let a dog in!
I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Beyond Search (City of London, England) in September 2015.
Tough but fair. One telephone call that lasted ten minutes then a hour long casual conversation then an hour long general interview with anyone in the company, I believe I had a short sit down with a Non-Exec of the company then a sit down with someone who was at the time of the same seniority. I then had a meet and greet with people in company towards the end of the day over a glass of wine then an hour long business plan based conversation with the MD a couple of days later.
Straightforward in the sense that it was pain free. They are firm but fair negotiators and MD is keen to give pay and benefits in relation to value brought to the table. MD is extremely fair and made me an offer I felt was completely justified.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –