It’s also home to over 300 people, from over 30 different nations, each nestled in one of six culturally diverse cities across the globe.
What binds us is our passion and our ambition to make the world a better place.
A lens of transparency permeates everything we do. We share revenue figures monthly and incorporate a business-wide approach of honesty with each other and our customers.
We attract the right kind of thing. Seriously good stuff happens here, and it captivates the minds of brilliant people, passionate admirers and inspiring companies around the world.
Yes, we work with data, but we place a high value on creativity. Our large in-house design team inspire original, inventive thought across the company in all that we do.
We share a common goal – we want to do something amazing. We’re always striving for better, for more. We know what we can achieve, and we collectively want to make it happen faster and better than anyone else.
“I’ve been working full-time at Brandwatch since 2012 and not a day goes by that I don’t look forward to work. I love the excitement that comes with rapid growth and a creative environment. Every single day offers something different.”
IRIS VERMEREN, COMMUNITY MANAGER, NY
“The company’s mantra is to be bold, be brilliant. My experience of the office culture, the evolution of the business and our working environment absolutely exude that philosophy and I’m grateful to be part of that growth.”
CHRIS LAROT, SOCIAL ANALYTICS CONSULTANT, SF
“Within a few days of starting, it soon became clear that there was a real enthusiasm and energy for creating fantastic things here. It’s been an absolute pleasure working together with people with such obvious talent.”
“I’ve been given bundles of support towards my career goals, and have had the privilege of working with an abundance of skilled and diverse people. I’m truly proud to work for a company that feels like it actually cares about me.”
CHARLOTTE GRÜN, SALES ASSOCIATE, BERLIN
Be Bold. Be Brilliant. This is our mantra.
As a rapidly growing company, we’re always on the lookout for the very best people to join our team. Even if you don’t see a role you think you’d be perfect for, send us a CV or a note on why you think you’d be a valuable contributor to the incredible things we’re doing here. We never miss an opportunity, so why should you?
We’re a company like no other. Nowhere else will you find such a thriving hotbed of talent, as our flat hierarchy of PhDs, budding geniuses and rising stars all contribute to a rich and rewarding environment that you can be part of.
We pride ourselves on making sure every employee is both happy and inspired, and we ensure that each is best positioned to excel, even if it means creating new roles for them or mixing things up. There are no egos here, as the goals and aspirations we’re working towards are shared by all of us, for every individual to contribute towards.
If you’re talented and enthusiastic, we don’t care what your background is. We’d love to welcome you to the team so you can join us as we expand across the globe and explore incredible new lands together.
A word from the CEO
I’ve been involved with Brandwatch from the start and we have always been serious about creating something bold and brilliant. We are pioneering an exciting new area of cutting edge technology, in the fast-moving world of social media monitoring, and strive to bring our best effort and thinking into the building every single day. It’s great to run a company with so many employees burning with ideas and I love nothing more than to give them the room to explore them. Apply for a role; let’s do something amazing together.
- Giles Palmer, CEO
I have been working at Brandwatch full-time (Less than a year)
- Relaxed working atmosphere - you're given the freedom to work at your desk or around the office. Whatever makes you comfortable as long as the work gets done.
- A good balance of food perks - Breakfast is provided. Decent coffee and tea. Snacks and soft drinks. Lunch free once a month and nice pastries on a Friday. Also so much water across the office that we could solve the world's water crisis.
- Team vibe is great - The team I've slotted into are seriously nice. They support me if something goes wrong and are really positive when things go right. My immediate manager and his manager are great to work with and I've had regular meetings with both in my first few months just to help me settle in. The nicest thing was that from the first interview everyone was so excited about the role and the possibilities so seeing that translated into value for the team and the company is great. And when I look at other teams they all seem to have the same vibe. There isn't really any suspicion or mistrust between colleagues or teams which is extremely refreshing.
- Personal & professional growth - You're allowed and encourage to pursue projects of your choosing if they add value. Shouldering this amount of responsibility is a clever way of pushing oneself out of one's comfort zone and do things that one wouldn't normally do if just coasting along. It helps build you as a person.
- IT and infrastructure is on point - The team responsible for maintaining the IT infrastructure that everyone who works at Brandwatch are amazing at their job and they've helped make the company so good at what it does. The teams who maintain the infrastructure on which Brandwatch runs its projects on are at the very top of their game and its amazing to see things evolve as time goes on.
- Documentation: Everything is encouraged to be documented either on confluence or google drive. Usually its the case that they're cross linked. At the end of meetings for example its encouraged for people to take snapshots of what was drawn on the whiteboard and this gets shared on Google Drive.
- Meetings are short and to the point and always involve everyone which is awesome.
- Work/Life balance is great - It is made pointedly clear that you might want to arrive at 08;30, that your work day starts properly at 09:00 and that it ends at 17:30. For someone who has been used to burning the midnight oil on a regular basis in previous jobs this was very refreshing. Also HR and management try to help as best as they can if events outside of work get in the way. Be honest with them and they can help in terms of parental leave and so forth. Its that way of doing things which helps people working at Brandwatch do the things that they do.
- New starter experience - From the free welcome pack (I got a tote bag, notepad, water bottle, etc) to bundling you up with other new starters so you all have your first day at the same time; the whole experience in the first two weeks was fantastic. As I commute into Brighton from near SE London my boss suggested that I use accommodation owned by Brandwatch to stay at during my first couple of weeks which helped a lot! You really get made to feel welcome and through that you're likely to buy into the Brandwatch plan.
- Summer & Christmas parties - They are great and fit the Brandwatch way which is not crazily over the top but just right. They're always the talk of the company which is a good sign.
- Pay - c-c-c-combo breaker(er...er.....er.....)! Sadly theres always a little downer and thats the pay. Its always going to be hard to compete with Silicon Roundabout or super-macho Square Mile salaries but I think Brandwatch offer just enough to compensate. So let me be honest: I took a pay cut to join and I haven't regretted it.
Advice to Management
- Keep recruiting intelligently. Don't rush into anything and make sure you keep hiring the best.
- Keep the excellent office atmosphere going.
- Keep encourage inter-team work.
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brandwatch (Brighton, England) in August 2016.
Initial call with in house recruiter. First round casual interview for fit and feel. Take home technical tests. Technical interview with senior manager. In house recruiter checked in regularly before and after every stage to give feedback and keep me up to date with the process