I have been working at East Side Games full-time (More than 5 years)
- The people!!! Everyone contributes a unique kind of awesomeness that is celebrated and welcomed.
- Strong commitment from execs to push for more female representation at the studio (currently at ~25%) and for women's rights in general.
- Sincere concern for individuals' health and wellness. Promote mental health awareness around the office, pay for 1 yoga and spin class per week, 2 crossfit type class per week, and 1 meditation and Floathouse session per month.
- A genuine interest in corporate social responsibility #ESGcares...supporting women in the Downtown Eastside (Crabtree Corner), SPCA, LGBTQ rights, fostering community within the indie tech scene.
- For feedback, at times you hear more "Things you can work on" rather than "Things you are doing well." It would be nice to be given more positive feedback on a more frequent basis.
- The office space is becoming a little cramped. There are only 2 meeting/boardrooms and for a studio of ~75, only 3 washrooms. The line ups can be a bit ridiculous. They are currently looking to relocate to a bigger space, but probably not until 6+ months away.
Advice to Management
Continue to push #ESGcares and set new standards for what a company can do and accomplish outside of products and revenues. Encourage managers to give up some more kudos more often.
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at East Side Games (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2016.
Started with a phone interview, then a 1:1 with the Talent Acquisition employee, then in the same span an interview with the team I'd be working with. After that I received another interview to meet with their Office Culture Manager and one of their Founders so they could determine if I was a culture fit. The same day I was contacted with a Job Offer.
We're on the lookout for an experience #Producer! Is it you? Apply here: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQnmF #yvrjobs #techjobs #nowhiring #jobs
Come work with us! We're on the hunt for a Lead #GameDesigner to join our team. Apply here: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQnmv #yvrjobs #techjobs #nowhiring #jobs
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –