Mission: HubSpot, Inc. is on a mission to make the world more inbound by transforming how companies market and sell to help them grow.
I have been working at HubSpot full-time (More than 5 years)
- Clear, compelling mission to help small businesses around the world grow and control their own destiny
- "Root for the underdog" mentality
- Results-oriented environment where risk taking is encouraged and rewarded
- Extremely strong peer group
- Terrific customers whose lives we can meaningfully and visibly impact
- Competitive compensation
- Work/life flexibility (may depend on the role, but lots of work-from-home, remote, unconventional work patterns are often fine - unlimited vacation which generally seems to amount to a slightly generous normal vacation allowance)
- High growth means high pressure
- Tendency to focus on where we are weak/failing which can be exhausting at times
- Depending on the department your job can change meaningfully over the course of even a year (or faster) and it can be hard to get in a groove
Advice to Management
Double down on messaging around the mission and purpose of HubSpot. Newer folks don't always get the "why" the way the old guard does.
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HubSpot.
4 interviews in total, three phone interviews and 1 Skype interview that took 90 minutes. It was overall quite challenging but fun.
Did you hear? HubSpot was rated #2 Best Tech Firm to Work for in Ireland. So thankful to our incredible Dublin employees who make "DubSpot" such a fantastic place to work and who care so passionately about helping our customers grow. Sláinte chugat! http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQYFL
One week from today we are excited to welcome more than 21,000 attendees to Boston our annual INBOUND experience! We will be joined by hundreds of speakers including Michelle Obama, Adam Grant, Brené Brown, Mario Batali, and many more. Learn more here: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQynd