Mission: To provide high-quality education programmes to international students which open up a range of study and career opportunities.
I have been working at Kaplan International full-time (More than 5 years)
- Diverse colleagues and students from all over the world and events that echo this organised in the office.
- Opportunities for development and growth for those willing to work hard.
- A genuine obsession for customer satisfaction! It's not enough to be rated 'good' by students. At all levels, Kaplan truly strives to ensure all customers have an excellent experience and take on board all feedback.
- Transparency and honesty from SMT about overall business strategy and goals which are communicated to all levels of the business.
- A constantly evolving and adaptive company that is responds to change (this could also be a con for those who prefer more routine).
- An extremely supportive culture - ideas are listened to and encouraged, and people are made to feel valued. Managers genuinely care about the people in the business and support them in their careers.
- The ELT sector isn't for the faint hearted, especially in the current climate. Geopolitical factors mean that it's harder for language schools to operate than ever, which means the business has had to make difficult decisions over the last year to adapt and survive when many others haven't. Redundancies never sit well, and staff morale has naturally suffered as a result of these difficult decisions.
- Working at Kaplan, even before these wider challenges, is hard work. No two days are the same and change is inevitable. You may have a to-do list for the day that you have to completely abandon because something else has happened which you need to react to (this could also be a pro for those who like change).
- The seasonality of the business means that summer is the peak season, which means that time off can be harder to come by. In these busier times, you may be required to work overtime.
Advice to Management
The transparency of our business plan really is appreciated by staff - please continue to keep us updated on our progress. Stay on track with the current plan - it will make the tough times worth it. Invest wisely in the coming year and continue recognising the efforts of staff in these tougher times.
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kaplan International in March 2013.
Felt more like a conversation with the lads, some basic scenarios and how to solve them and some background on customer service skills and experience. I think maybe I was a little over enthusiastic so they may of been what swayed the decision! But good experience overall and not as intimidating as some other companies.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –