Mission: Nationwide is “On your side”, so it's our mission to help you make the right financial decisions. We aim to provide long-term good value for our customers so you can be secure in the knowledge that we are looking after your best interests.
I have been working at Nationwide Building Society (Less than a year)
Good work life balance and culture.
Limited opportunity for progression at certain levels.
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationwide Building Society (London, England) in March 2017.
1. Online application and answer two questions.
- In 200-300 words let us know what interests you in working for Nationwide and why this
- What are your current career aspirations and how might the programme help with this? (200-
300 words for answer)
2. Online tests situational judgement, numerical and verbal reasoning.
3. Phone interview with really friendly HR (says 30 mins, line took 45).
2 practice questions (unmarked) such as:
- What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
- What is something you are really proud of?
Marked part of interview 9 questions (some require specific examples and some are hypothetical- what would you do?)
- At Nationwide the workplace is fast paced and always changing, is this somewhere you'd like to and enjoy working?
- How would you deal with a change in procedure?
- When given the opportunity would you prefer to work within a team or on your own?
- How do you approach decision making?
- Is this something you enjoy doing?
- What does credibility mean to you?
- How would you go about making yourself come across as a credible individual?
- Would you say your family and friends describe you as driven and hardworking?
- You have to present to the internal team, get feedback before presenting to senior members to secure funding tomorrow. How do you approach two different audiences?
NOTE: All graduate Schemes are in Swindon / a few places in Bournemouth. I did not know this until this stage and despite the application process going so well.
We've recently had the results in from our employee survey, and here are the results...
Here’s a collection of our employees thoughts and feelings on working here at Nationwide, the best bank/building society to work for in the UK. http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vI6rp