Mission: To bring the world's legal identities safely online.
I have been working at Onfido full-time (Less than a year)
1. Cutting edge technology. You get to touch very cool technologies like Docker, Kubernetes.
2. Core ML and Deep Learning technologies across varied problems like object detection, large scale image classification , etc.
3. Very cool problems that are challenging and constantly pushing you to learn more
4. Simply amazing people, some of the best in the industry!
5. Absolutely no politics, very good culture and the best work life balance.
6. Not to miss the snacks in the kitchen.
A passionate startup.
Otherwise, this has been my best experience in 14 yrs of experience.
Could be better:
1. More food needed in the kitchen.
2. Fast paced culture (sometimes good) that can structure the projects a bit better.
Advice to Management
Keep up the leadership and continue to treat your employees well as you are doing now!
I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Onfido (London, England) in October 2015.
Short telephone interview with a member of their HR team. Covered basics of my skill set and what I'd been working on. Also asked about the environment I wanted to work in and why I was leaving my current position.
I then completed a short code task - creating a little game of chance with HTML/CSS/JS. I only spent an hour on it but was invited in for an interview within hours of emailing them the repo.
Next was the in-person interview with Onfido's CTO whilst the same member of HR sat in. I tripped myself repeatedly, came across incredibly unconfident whilst answering the technical questions correctly (!). I didn't do myself any favours. Looking back, the interview was quite pleasant, I just made a mess of it.
Lastly, they ended the interview with a 'quirky startup style' question - something about evacuating London in an hour. Following a poor interview performance I then came up with a dull generic answer to this too!