Mission: To bring the world's legal identities safely online.
I have been working at Onfido full-time (Less than a year)
• lots of autonomy and responsibility
• extremely supportive atmosphere
• doing great work upholding company values
• lots of opportunities for giving and getting feedback (team leads, VPs and founders are keen to hear you out and effect changes)
• the pay is good and you get regular salary reviews
• you get to learn a ton of new tools and technologies
• Test Engineers get to code and solve problems 90% of the time instead of manually repeating tasks
• you work with some really talented people
• the Management are modest, respectful and approachable
• the new office is comfortable and well organised
• the People Team are just about the nicest people ever
• first month can be a bit overwhelming
Advice to Management
Keep it rolling!
I interviewed at Onfido in April 2018.
This is just a phone call, and a rather offensive one. After telling me the company is well funded and how cool the product is, he asked for my current salary and expectation. He then proceeded to immediately counter with a well-below market rate, a rate basically that will leave any worker in London barely survivable. Like other reviews before this one, the interview process left a very bad taste in my mouth. If they do this on the first phone call, who knows what else they'll do after you've joined. You may get no notice and no severance if they fire you or have to work 70 hour a week. Or, if you do well, patronize you with share options that's next to useless. I would seriously advice against interviewing with this company.