- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Reynolds American full-time (More than 5 years)
Not many currently looking at what other companies offer. Here are some :
-Masters Degree reimbursement
-Car wash stipend
Plenty of cons;
-Poorly paid versus the competition
-Workload of 2017 - Home Office is completely out of touch with the reality in the field.
-Promotion structure - expect you to put your life on hold for a phone call and 30 days notice to move. No say at all in where you go. They expect your whole family to up and move their life for an average pay increase
- Promotion process - you are at the mercy of management individuals who may have spent 1 or 2 days with you. Many are reluctant to promote.
- Company hiring externally when many employees are ready for Promotion.
- Company cares more about diversity statistics over hiring the right person.
- Management cannot handle any type of challenging or criticism but expect TMs to take ALL feedback and implement without question.
- Rigid progression path - not everyone wants to go the route RAI has mapped out. Be flexible not everyone wants to be a DM. Give the opportunities for varied career progression.
- Technology in the company and given to employees is terrible. The job takes longer daily because of the poor technology. Get it right and spend money on a proper IT department!
- Your career depends solely on having a good DM or KAM. If you don’t get this you will never get promoted
Advice to Management
You have to change the Promotion structure. What is the timeframe and options candidates may have?
It’s time for so many DMs to go, plenty that are just picking up a pay check and taking a position of somebody who is wanting to progress through the company.
I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Reynolds American (Winston-Salem, NC (US)) in May 2016.
Three panel interviews with an additional presentation component to show skills and professionalism. Presentation should be something you worked on but not confidential information. Decision made fairly quickly. Conversational interview. Did not try and trick you or pressure you during the process.
Industry transformation requires a work space where we can create big ideas and collaborate with one another all while having fun. Take a tour of the Plaza building - our headquarters in Winston-Salem, NC
Reynolds American Inc. has been named among the Best Companies to Work for Millennials by The Women's Choice Award. The selection was based on public data and a survey among women of what's most important when searching for a job. We're thrilled to be recognized for our fun, caring and collaborative environment that nurtures personal growth as much as it does professional growth.