I have been working at Royal College of General Practitioners full-time (More than a year)
Super convenient location, gorgeous building/office, happy people, some general appetite for growth and some directors are brilliant.
- they offer 2 types of contracts (depending on roles) and one is crap, nothing better than statutory minimums, making turnover high and moral low
- No career development or promotions
- The organisation has changed management: got rid of CEO and lead by senior stakeholders who are not business people and don't 'get it', and want sign off on everything though never actually sign off.
- As organisation is absolutely opposed to risk and non commercial, despite claims otherwise ... this makes it near impossible to get any plans approved.
Advice to Management
- To many chefs spoil the pot
- Get commercial management in place if you really want to grow/expand
- Take better care of ALL your employees
- Money talks and your employees have bills to pay
- Trust the managers/directors you've put in place to do the right thing
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal College of General Practitioners (Birmingham, England) in October 2017.
Logical, Fair. Good course with 'eMedica' to prepare for how to manage time in each station and also with the written part to the test. The GP website is also helpful. Communication stations x 4.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –